• Yes - 38mm non cellular

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Yes - 42mm non cellular

Votes: 49 28.0%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 71 40.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Looks like my AW3 is toast after just under a year.

Woke up this morning to cracks on every edge and then the entire screen came off.

Will be in touch with Apple during the week, see if I can get this replaced under warranty. Watch was fine before, left sitting on bedside table whilst sleeping!

Soldato
Dang that's horrible. But are you sure nobody knocked it over while you were asleep?
If yes, Apple better replace it.

Pretty sure. I woke up and it was still on the table.

Plus if it dropped I don’t imagine it’d have cracked this way around the edges. Can’t say the battery really looks bloated but it’s what I found online and is the only explanation really - considering it happened whilst it wasn’t being worn.

I’ll visit an AASP this week (there’s no Apppe store here)

Soldato
Hope you get it fixed shortly. I broke my S2 with the lightest of taps on a wall and it had broke entirely around the edge of the screen and it could just fall out. It lives in a drawer now!

Soldato
Hope you get it fixed shortly. I broke my S2 with the lightest of taps on a wall and it had broke entirely around the edge of the screen and it could just fall out. It lives in a drawer now!

No luck - went to the AASP here and they claimed damage was done by me, and it isn’t covered by warranty due to some markings.

I don’t know what they expect ... it’s not going to be spotless after being worn for a year.

Bit annoyed as I’m 100% sure these cracks appeared by themselves overnight whilst the watch wasn’t even being worn.

Soldato
Was looking at picking one of these up from Ebay with the 15% they have off today then our favourite purple shirted friends pushed the price from £279 to £309 about 10mins after i added to my basket. Still on sale for £279 on their website!

Commissario
OP
I noticed that my series 3 watch seemed to be eating the battery a lot quicker than I'd expect - I'd regularly wake up in the morning to find it had dropped nearly 20% overnight and that's despite having DND and theatre mode enabled and it was also taking longer to charge than it had done previously. This watch is about a year old as my original launch day watch was replaced when it died in April last year. I took it into the nearest Apple store last weekend and they did the usual checks which they can do in store (very limited) and told me they'd send it off to be tested.

Today I received a spanky new series 3 to replace my old one. It's effectively a launch day watch so it's what, seven months out of warranty?

There was no cost.

It's just restoring my backup now. I'm quite happy with this.

Back
Top Bottom