• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Any luck?

I’ve noticed this with my Xs, but also my MBP since upgrading to Mojave.

I thought it was my Plusnet router, but maybe not…

Just an update for everyone. I turned the 2.4Ghz band off on my router and now my Phone and my MBP are flying.

I don't know whether this is an issue with Mojave and iOS12, or if I only started noticing it after I got my Xs and updated the MBP, but things are now working as they should be.

Soldato
XS Max coming tomorrow. I didn't want to upgrade but I went back to an android for one day when I was out on the motorbike and it was so annoying. As I'm stuck with iOS I gathered I might as well get a new phone and keep it for a while so the cost doesn't sting too much.

Commissario
OP
Been using these since I got my Max, no complaints at all and comes with a handy application frame to install onto your screen

OMOTON [3 Pack] Compatible for... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GSLM2VT?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
Very good shout. I ordered this pack when I saw your post and it arrived today. I’ve fitted it without any problems at all.

My concern with screen protectors is that my car mount is very snug but because this doesn’t go right to the edge, the phone still fits. If I can get something similar for the back as well, I’ll be all over it.

Caporegime
Well it's between the XR and the 6T for me now BUT I've just switched to a MBP as my main machine so the XR might just swing it...

The battery reports sound *very* promising :cool:

Soldato
Very good shout. I ordered this pack when I saw your post and it arrived today. I’ve fitted it without any problems at all.

My concern with screen protectors is that my car mount is very snug but because this doesn’t go right to the edge, the phone still fits. If I can get something similar for the back as well, I’ll be all over it.
Good to hear, plus you get 3 in a pack in Cade you break it or fudge it when installing ... which would be highly unlikely with the application frame

Soldato
What integration is there with a Mac? I can’t think of anything worth me firing up the MacBook instead of my pc but I’ve it used it in a while so possibly out of the loop.

I’m totally sold on the removal of the home button and Face ID, the only time it doesn’t work is when the phone is flat on the table and I’m sat back on my chair but that’s hardly the end of the day as I need to sit forward to read the screen anyway. Big thumbs up from me.

Caporegime
What integration is there with a Mac? I can’t think of anything worth me firing up the MacBook instead of my pc but I’ve it used it in a while so possibly out of the loop.

I’m totally sold on the removal of the home button and Face ID, the only time it doesn’t work is when the phone is flat on the table and I’m sat back on my chair but that’s hardly the end of the day as I need to sit forward to read the screen anyway. Big thumbs up from me.

Main integration is messages/calls/facetime all routed through your Mac as well as your phone. The iCloud synching of photos/videos/calendars/notes and contacts is slick. Handoff is smart too, if you're browsing or working on one device you can pick it up on another.

Compared to the crummy Mac/PC integration of WhatsApp Apple is leagues ahead.

Soldato
Did you guys coming from a older phone(before x) do a restore or setup as new for your new Xs?
Never had any problems with restores but just thinking about do a fresh start

Soldato
Well, my XS Max 256GB has just gone totally unresponsive on me. :eek:

I noticed it getting warmer than normal, but not particularly hot. Put it down to watch a tv programme. Picked it up 10 minutes later and it wouldn't wake.

Was on about 98% battery when I last saw it awake. Tried a reboot, nothing.

Trip to the Apple store tomorrow.

Doing a quick Google threw up a few issues of this happening.

Soldato
Well, my XS Max 256GB has just gone totally unresponsive on me. :eek:

I noticed it getting warmer than normal, but not particularly hot. Put it down to watch a tv programme. Picked it up 10 minutes later and it wouldn't wake.

Was on about 98% battery when I last saw it awake. Tried a reboot, nothing.

Trip to the Apple store tomorrow.

Doing a quick Google threw up a few issues of this happening.
Tried plugging a cable in with power either mains or laptop? I’ve seen this before on other iPhones and it’s worked

Soldato
Main integration is messages/calls/facetime all routed through your Mac as well as your phone. The iCloud synching of photos/videos/calendars/notes and contacts is slick. Handoff is smart too, if you're browsing or working on one device you can pick it up on another.

Compared to the crummy Mac/PC integration of WhatsApp Apple is leagues ahead.
I can see the benefits of it all being in one place but there are alternatives for all of those things apart from handoff which is more likely than not going to get me in trouble as the MacBook is shared with the mrs ha.

Photos/videos - one drive or dropbox, calendar - syncs trough google and outlook, notes - google keep. For WhatsApp I use the web app and it’s pretty flawless, it’s only not worked once and it’s very handy for when you’re on the computer and getting lots of messages. I don’t know anyone who sends iMessages so that wouldn’t be too useful.

Personally I stay away from being in the ecosystem as you’re locked in with hardly any benefits. With google alternatives you have the flexibility to chop and change between iPhone/Android, MacBook and PC. I’m not a fan of android anymore but the web services that come with it are very good.

Back
Top Bottom