Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well some evidence for your conspiracy - you can't cite an event happening then attribute some link to another seemingly unrelated event without evidence to make that link, at the moment you have none - thus it is empty speculation. If someone leaked a memo/e-mail or a discussion to support your claim then that would be different - unfortunately your conspiracy has started from the position of speculation rather than being based on anything.

Ref labour that is rather a different topic unrelated to your conspiracy - the IFS has found gaps in their spending plans and frankly things like the Tobin tax they've presented have been tried elsewhere - for evidence of why that doesn't work you can look to Sweden's attempt to implement it. though when you're talking about what will happen in future no one can talk in defines overall so there is a bit of a false premise. Again this is all rather unrelated to the request for evidence in order to support your conspiracy and is deflecting somewhat

Well in point of fact it's arguably more reasonable to suggest no one thing caused May to call the GE, not the frustration from other parties as she just suggested on QT (She's probably been briefed not to lay the blame at awkward Conservative MP's at all), not the wish for a personal mandate to lead and not the reasonable IMHO suggestion that if the CPS investigate enough MPs to collapse your government it might be wise to lean on the first two as a reason for a GE.

I can't agree that the comparison to prediction is so different, I can't know another humans mind any more than I can predict the future but in both cases absolutes are folly. Despite some hand waving of your own to Sweden, massive inward investment in the UK appeared to work post WWII no doubt the devil is in the detail, what we do have is that the returns on cuts from Austerity have continually performed far less well than the people making them predicted and since May came to lead, the UK has plummeted to 7th out of 7 in terms of performance of advanced economies!

All that said, suggesting that the CPS investigations have no bearing on calling this GE would be a pretty idiotic statement at this point, don't you agree?

Soldato
The East Coast line returned what, £250 million wasn't it, to the treasury in operating profit.

And we currently massively subsidise the so-called "private" franchises with public money, so it's not like they're "free" at the moment.

That's the frustrating part.

Operators are in it making money, otherwise they wouldn't do it. Rather it was run like a private enterprise, but owned by the country.

Caporegime
All that said, suggesting that the CPS investigations have no bearing on calling this GE would be a pretty idiotic statement at this point, don't you agree?

Why - where is the evidence for a link? I've asked a few times now - that is the only idiotic thing here... making up a conspiracy with no evidence to support it.

Caporegime
Now someone is bashing a nurse?

I'm not sure individual anecdotes are particularly useful here and frankly people are going to get disappointed when being turned down for benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom