• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I have a fair bit of cash saved up for a completely new system build. Would be lying if I said I didn't want to upgrade soon. Waiting for new Intel CPU's and the New Phanteks EVOLV X. I will see what happens in the next 3-6 months once the dust has settled and some decent benchmarks are out. Certainly not paying current prices for the 2080ti. My GTX980ti - I7 2600K is still performing well enough in the games I play and I have a huge library of games in my steam library to get through.

I'm pretty tempted to buy a PS4 pro/Xbox x for Red Dead redemption 2. Haven't really played console (other than FIFA on my ageing 360) for what seems an age.

Mobster
Soldato
haha this poll. Mass revolt against the insane overprice!

I'll buy a second 1080ti for sli when the price drops some

I think everyone knows how inaccurate that poll is, out of the 89% of No's so far, at least half of them will indeed buy a 2080Ti, its cooler to just say no, go with the masses but secretly buy one without saying anything.

Associate
Wow, those prices!!

I actually own a total of 10 1080tis (8 of which exclusively mine). 2 in my gaming rig, and I want more power to game in 4k, etc. I'm definitely someone that you'd expect them to market their Ti card to.

But those prices mean I will end up paying twice as much per card for what will likely end up being 20% more performance. I could never justify 2 2080tis, so in games where SLI works it would be performance regressions.

Soldato
The thread is specifically about the 2080ti so I don't see why it should include anything else.
True, but my question is around observing the sentiment here in this thread. All of the no's seem to be writing off buying anything in the range.I'm interested in the understanding if some will consider the other cards. Seems to be Ti or nothing, or at least that's how I'm seeing the responses. This makes me think eventually many will probably cave in and buy, personally. Get dramatical now, then buy later. It's a bit like playing "hard to get" :D

Last edited:
Soldato
The GPU space seems to be in metamorphosis due to various factors; mining demand, no competition, new technology, Nvidia redefining the tiers etc..

Nvidia appeared to redefine the mid tier as the new high tier with Pascal, and now they appear to have redefined the xx80ti's as the new Titans. It's given me a dilemma as a traditional xx80ti consumer (the Titan was always a step too far for me); do I now buy the 2080 and accept it's the new norm, or do I throw the towel in? I suppose I need to see performance figures, so I'll hold off on my vote until benchmarks are available.

What about you, have you made your mind up?

Last edited:
Associate
It would be either Pascal alternative or AMD alternative. I enjoy the breadth of the PC gaming scene which consoles will never be able to match so I won't be dropping PC gaming and I don't think prices will normalise now unless the backlash against Turing gets much stronger than it is.

Soldato
I think everyone knows how inaccurate that poll is, out of the 89% of No's so far, at least half of them will indeed buy a 2080Ti, its cooler to just say no, go with the masses but secretly buy one without saying anything.
Also I bet a lot of people that voted no are the type of person that never buy the top end GPU's anyway..

Soldato
Will be waiting until release to see the performance figures rather than pre-ordering just yet.

If it turns out to be a fair bit quicker then looks like it’s time for a bit of overtime. But I really need to see the performance figures before committing to a price of that amount.

Associate
I am still trying to understand how anyone can pre order something without knowing what you're paying for.

Not a single gaming benchmark was shown against their own previous hardware.

Surely this is sending the wrong message as a consumer.

Associate
I was a yes, I'm currently leaning towards no, will have to see what kind of numbers show up in the benchmarks.

I'm using 980TI SLI at the moment but was hoping to drop back to using a single card given the headache that it sometimes causes, looks like I paid less for the pair of 980TIs than it would cost for a single 2080TI which is putting me off.

Second hand 1080TI/Titan is looking more appealing tbh.

Back
Top Bottom