• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Other (Please state)

I'm going with waiting to see what both AMD and Intel bring to the market in the next two years. I will just need to make my 1070 and G-Sync monitor last a couple of years more, hopefully all will be able to compete with each other in price to performance ratio and the market will correct itself.

Problems for me currently with the PC industry:

CPU - Prices not great for Intels i7 K range (Taking bets on the 9900k being £500), full of security issues for a lot of them
Memory - Prices are outrageous, wont pay it to them considering I need 32GB of ram in my next upgrade
SSD - Prices on NVME are again far to high for what they are compared to their SATA drive versions. I wont pay over the odds.
And now...
GFX - Prices are outrageous, lack of competition and rampant greed to blame

Associate
Currently have a 1050 (non-ti) and been waiting to upgrade for months. Think I'll just settle for a 1070ti or 1080. I was hoping the 2070 would be around the £450/£500 mark, but £600 is just too much!

Soldato
I don’t see how you could pre order without knowing the actual performance figures. Hense why I have voted no in the poll.

I mean imagine getting the card after spending £12-1300 and it’s only 20% quicker. I would cry.

I shan’t be making my mind up until we see some actual gaming benchmarks. And personally anything below 50% in games (faster than 1080Ti) and its another big no from me.

Permabanned
dirty miner :p

wonder how they will perform with crypto, this will most likely dictate the price they stabilize at

Haha... I'm not really going to mine with these, too inefficient, unless there's a coin that can really take advantage of the tensor cores or something... then they might be quite special.

I've moved onto ASICs.

These are for some builds I have planned... 2 for my desktop, 1 for a living room gaming PC & the other for something I haven't quite finalised yet.

Back
Top Bottom