• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Sept 14th apparently.

I am curious about those, admittedly; I do enjoy reading about new tech.

I posted this on AnandTech and think it fits here as well:

I, too, first thought there was a major price hike. But then I learned a thing or two and it's obvious there really isn't any. The segments remained, only the names changed. I don't think we would be having many of these discussions if they simply used a new name for the top tier - or at least explained the shift in the keynote.

Associate
Nope. The 2080 remains the same 'segment' as 1080, with some usual gen-gen speedup plus new features that may one day prove useful, but costs 720-999 instead of 450+ for a 1080

Soldato
Nope. The 2080 remains the same 'segment' as 1080, with some usual gen-gen speedup plus new features that may one day prove useful, but costs 720-999 instead of 450+ for a 1080

Agreed, the 2080 is not in the same segment as the ti, its a 'medium chip' like the 2070. Everything has just moved up one pricing tier like it did a few years ago and the Titan has been dropped.

Associate
Think i'll pass on the new 2080 cards it all sounds a bit vague, hyped and misleading. Pre Ordering seems a bit premature. Nvidia are placing the most emphasis/focus on Price and Pre Ordering, Greedy b*stards.

PS: i really do hope they rise above the hype and my doubts are laid to rest. Lets also not forget AMD.

Last edited:
Associate
voted not interested, even though i could buy 4 of these and put them under custom water i will not as prices are way too high. What i have smashes anything anyhow so im ok for next few years.
I built my rig for future proofing in mind in 2014 and so far its doing just that. I dont need to change anything.

exactly the same, i could buy 300 if i wanted but i don't see the benefit above a 1080ti and pretty much every new technology that comes out is always overhyped and buggy and raytracing is no exception.

Might take the jump once they perfect it. The fact they didn't give any stats on performance increase and focused on raytracing was quite worrying. Seems that is all they have to hype about

Soldato
exactly the same, i could buy 300 if i wanted but i don't see the benefit above a 1080ti and pretty much every new technology that comes out is always overhyped and buggy and raytracing is no exception.

Might take the jump once they perfect it. The fact they didn't give any stats on performance increase and focused on raytracing was quite worrying. Seems that is all they have to hype about
If you have £329k cash sitting about you should probably invest a good % of it :D.
Pointing out the obvious, just 300 new TI's would buy a decent sized house in a lot of area of the UK yet even when boxed would probably only half fill a smallish room.But they're cheap when you consider one virtual bitcoin is £5250 or so and all you get in return is an entry in a database :p

Last edited:
Associate
I'm currently running a GTX970 with an Alienware 3440x 1440 ultrawide I got for an absolute steal.

I will be getting a new card, but not until benchmarks are available. Even then I'll probably wait for a sale or Black Friday

Back
Top Bottom