Polo GTI: The What Next Thread

Man of Honour
In short: variety and competition is good for consumers.

Thanks for the Business 101, though my point was more on an individual basis - I wouldn't factor a models commonality into my decision let alone pick an objectively inferior product just to be 'different'. Many, however, obviously would. Which I guess is good for people like JLR.

Man of Honour
OP
They have a 7 V12 LWB in Tamworth BMW, it's a 134K and will be 34K in 36 months no doubt but inside was just magnificent even though it's a car to e driven in but the back seats were like a First Class airline seat!

Man of Honour
OP
New X3 is nice, lovely interior but felt Ive done the BMW thing to death, think it was 12 at the last count just fancy something different if new.

Caporegime
Oh really? E Pace was supposed to get the interior back where they should be!

Yes, i didn't like the feel of the deep dash and i also think the concept of a wraparound cockpit, which quite frankly felt more claustrophobic than the polo and somehow defys the size of the vehicle especially when the Evoque feels far more spacious inside.

Oh also hated the slab of alloy around the gearstick and the total absence of buttons, + in real life we both think it looks like a Kia.

Shame cause i really wanted to like it when the car was announced.

Soldato
Oh also hated the slab of alloy around the gearstick and the total absence of buttons, + in real life we both think it looks like a Kia.

Shame cause i really wanted to like it when the car was announced.

Indeed I hate the limited part count changes between manual and automatic cars that really screws the layout, big blank slab of nothing where the leather gaitor goes. Velar does it much better and even f type as the manual was a MY16 change rather than planned from day one (and it’s better for it)

Caporegime
They have a 7 V12 LWB in Tamworth BMW, it's a 134K and will be 34K in 36 months no doubt but inside was just magnificent even though it's a car to e driven in but the back seats were like a First Class airline seat!

There was one in Lloyd Newcastle last month. It sounded fantastic. Know what you mean about the seats.

Caporegime
Evoque. New ones are nice with the ingenium and 9sp auto.

Infotainment is miles better than the 67plate mecan I went in last week too, why it needs one million buttons on the dash I don’t know.

Back
Top Bottom