Porridge... during the lockdown I rediscovered it and now eat it almost every day.

Caporegime
There is a reason why the GB Olympic team take porridge with them for training camps abroad it's one of the healthiest things you can eat.

Breakfast - porridge with whatever toppings you like. I have Raisins, nuts, seeds, peanut butter, jam, honey or raw cacao nibs. Pick one or two and throw it in.

Lunch - bagel / toast with scrambled eggs with chopped up fresh cherry or plum tomatoes thrown in and freshly sliced avocado on top. Season with salt and pepper.

Dinner - your choice

Drinks - water as required throughout the day and with meals.

Snacks - fresh fruit, nuts or jerky and sometimes carrots and hummus.

Soldato
I don't know about anyone else but my brain doesn't switch on until after the second coffee but I do like eating as soon as I've gotten up. Therefore overnight oats are perfect. I can just about manage to make a caffeinated drink, if I had to make decisions on breakfast every morning I'd get nowhere :p

Soldato
Regular oats eater here, I got seriously addicted to adding hot water, sometimes with a dash of milk and then a generous tablespoon of Sainsburys dark brown cane sugar mixed in earlier this year... That sugar is probably better than cocaine! :eek:

Been doing mixed dried fruit and a whole banana with milk recently, tastes great, but I do wonder if hot milk/water helps it make me feel fuller for longer.

Caporegime
OP
Regular oats eater here, I got seriously addicted to adding hot water, sometimes with a dash of milk and then a generous tablespoon of Sainsburys dark brown cane sugar mixed in earlier this year... That sugar is probably better than cocaine! :eek:

Been doing mixed dried fruit and a whole banana with milk recently, tastes great, but I do wonder if hot milk/water helps it make me feel fuller for longer.
I think that logically speaking, using all milk makes you feel more full than milk and water combined as milk is denser and more nutritious than water.

Soldato
I think that logically speaking, using all milk makes you feel more full than milk and water combined as milk is denser and more nutritious than water.

True, but our kettle's minimum filling for a coffee always has plenty left to pour over the dry oats, softening them up and expanding them a bit.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Peanut Butter
Nuttela
Honey

Always with frozen fruit of some description.

The first two in the list do make it look like your eating pooh though according to my work colleagues :)

Permabanned
Overnight oats is what I eat for breakfast at work everyday.

2 scoops of oats
3 scoops of chocolate / vanilla soy milk
1 tsp of linseed
Handful of frozen cherries

Mix well, leave in the fridge overnight and jobs a good'un

I use a protein scoop which is probably about a 3rd of a cup.

Caporegime
Overnight oats is what I eat for breakfast at work everyday.

2 scoops of oats
3 scoops of chocolate / vanilla soy milk
1 tsp of linseed
Handful of frozen cherries

Mix well, leave in the fridge overnight and jobs a good'un

I use a protein scoop which is probably about a 3rd of a cup.

Soy milk isn't good for males. Increases estrogen.

Switch to oat, almond or coconut milk.

Coconut is sweet so no need for the honey.

Soldato
Porridge made with almond milk with fresh raspberries or strawberries on the top is one of lifes simple breakfast pleasures. It is second only to hot toast covered in proper butter.

Associate
Porridge made with almond milk with fresh raspberries or strawberries on the top is one of lifes simple breakfast pleasures. It is second only to hot toast covered in proper butter.

Almond milk may be healthy but it sure it not good for the environment in drought-stricken California, where more than 80% of the world's almonds are grown.

Soldato
Almond milk may be healthy but it sure it not good for the environment in drought-stricken California, where more than 80% of the world's almonds are grown.

That is disappointing to hear. I’ll admit that I have it because I’m not really a fan of regular cow milk rather than because of any health benefits.

Soldato

That is disappointing to hear. I’ll admit that I have it because I’m not really a fan of regular cow milk rather than because of any health benefits.

It's a valid criticism against almond milk, but it's still better than cows milk from an environmental point of view. Minxy, try hazelnut if you like Almond. Though I find oat is the best (Oatly is the best, but the Aldi one is pretty good. Annoyingly, I'm not a fan of the Lidl one which is where I do my weekly shop.)

Back
Top Bottom