Possible coup in Zimbabwe

Man of Honour
It's Africa. An entire continent full of bent, corrupt thieving scumbag politicians just dying to get in to power so they can **** their own people over for their own benefit.

There's a good amount of people that would say the same about our current government :p

I have never understood after pouring billions into Africa apart from a rich elite getting richer nothing changes, water and food and medical aid remain major issues for 99% of the population.

If you do a little digging you'll see that things such as education, life expectancy, and HIV/AIDs prevalence have all improved over the last 15-20 years. I think overall life expectancy has gone up by about 10 years in that time.

Security and governance are still issues but they take much longer to solve.

Soldato
If you do a little digging you'll see that things such as education, life expectancy, and HIV/AIDs prevalence have all improved over the last 15-20 years. I think overall life expectancy has gone up by about 10 years in that time.

I am aware of that but considering the many billions poured into the continent is is an extremely poor return. There are still as many charity donation requests for the provision of clean water as there were when I was a lad and i am in my 60's. Far to much money, like our own governments contribution via international aid is unaccountable, some say as much as 75%. But of course arms sales have always been a growth industry.

Associate
So seems like Mugabe as part of his resignation deal will be granted immunity from any punishment in the future :/.
They never wanted to procesute him. All they needed was for him to just leave and take his spoilt family with him.
Zimbabweans will afford him the same level of attention they gave to Ian Smith after he left. Why bother?

Caporegime
OP
looking like an improvement so far - White farmer gets his farm back after it was recently stolen by a "Bishop"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/07/new-regime-zimbabwe-hands-back-land-evicted-white-farmer/

indigenisation law requiring local black ownership of 51% of company shares to be scrapped aside from diamond and platinum miners

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/...st-mugabe-economic-order-171209055831633.html

there was also talk (I can remember in which publication I read it this morning and am two lazy to search for it again) about the land reform program being halted and compensation for white farmers who lost their land, though he's ruled out returning land taken under the land reform program (I suppose the recent case mentioned above is an exception to this)

Back
Top Bottom