• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible details of the GTX670 and GTX660

Soldato
Yep, very very expensive but GK110 will also be. New tech comes at a premium :(

the price is about right i'm afraid....after all it's two 680s

i'm tempted too, but i must resist it, because i'm after the Sharp 60'' edge lit LED at 1200 quid ;) :D...... yes next week could be very interesting, but i cant afford both the tv and the 690

Associate
It's just 670 now and over £300
660 will be approx 6 months.

The NV lineup shall be as follows:-

GTX 690 - £800+
GTX 680 4GB - £500+
GTX 680 - £400+
GTX 670 - £300+
GTX 580 - £300 and is now EOL with very little stock left so no further price drops
GTX 570 - £200
GTX 560Ti 448 - £180
GTX 560Ti - £160
GTX 560 - £140
GTX 550Ti - £100

That's the stack for the next few months :)
So nothing to combat the 7800 series in price/performance/power usage, for at least 6 months? :(

Caporegime
OLED ("organic LED") is the display tech of the future. Until we see "true" 3D rendering (holograms or whatever) OLED should dominate. A few of the features:

Contrast: OLED "pixels" can be switched off entirely, allowing near-perfect black levels, and therefore near-infinite contrast ratios.

Viewing angles: The technology is completely different to TFT (i.e. not based around a light-scattering matrix) so the image will be precisely the same no matter what angle it is viewed from. Almost like viewing a picture or other physical static image.

Response time: OLED screens will have a typical response time of around 0.1ms. Clearly this is a huge step up from the 2-8ms response times of LED... "Ghosting" etc should become a non-issue.

Sorry completely off subject but had to find it :D This would look nice gaming with a 690 :p

Last edited:
Associate
the price is about right i'm afraid....after all it's two 680s
It's not though is it? Or have I missed something?

The 590 was effectivly 2 570s underclocked? The only card with 2 x full gf110 cores was the Asus Mars :confused:

Not this time it seems...

"A dual-GPU graphics card is similar to two-way SLI condensed into a single graphics card. Historically, though, the dual-GPU card has always lagged behind its SLI counterpart in terms of performance. When two GPUs are brought onto the same card, their combined heat output outstrips the capacity of even the most capable cooler. As a result, clock speeds must be lowered. For example, in the Fermi generation, the fastest single-GPU graphics card had a graphics clock speed of 722 MHz and a memory data rate of 4008MHz. On the dual-GPU card, the graphics clock was 607 MHz and the memory data rate was 3212 MHz.

This is where Kepler's fanatical focus on power efficiency pays off most handsomely. The GPUs on the GeForce GTX 690 have a boost clock of 1019 MHz, just a hair (2.8%) shy of the GeForce GTX 680 at 1058 MHz. What's more, all other specs are identical; the number of cores, memory speed, and memory bandwidth per GPU are the same on both cards.

What this means is that the GeForce GTX 690 performs more or less just like a pair of GeForce GTX 680s in SLI; almost nothing was compromised in bringing two Kepler GPUs to the same board. "

http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/articles/article-keynote/

Associate
Well, if the GTX 670 is launching at £300+ I don't think it's going to force AMD to drop the 7950 series prices by much even if the 670 outperforms it. I think I'll go ahead and order the HIS 7950 IceQ this week.

OcUK Staff
I really don't think anybody would buy a 570 now over a 7850. Nvidia are missing a lot of sales by holding back the 660.

Well not really, 570 is outselling 7850 as 7850 are still not readily available and there are plenty of 570's about. Once AMD have ample 7850 in the channel then of course they will take away from NVIDIAs sales but right the 570 when priced close too or at £200 is a very popular seller.

Back
Top Bottom