post workout drink/food

Soldato
A few thoughts on this topic:

1) I would avoid egg yolk because of the fat (specifically cholesterol) content.

2) When you work it out, whey protein is the cheapest form of protein you can consume, and also one of the best (essential amino acids etc). It may seem expensive spending £20 - £40 at a time, but if you work out the cost of an egg and how little protein it actually contains... The same is true of animal (meat) proteins too.

Soldato
Jimbo Mahoney said:
1) I would avoid egg yolk because of the fat (specifically cholesterol) content.
Nothing wrong with eating egg yolk. Eggs are a super food, you're missing out on a lot of goodness because of an old wives tale that they raise cholesterol, they don't.

I eat at least 2 full eggs a day, everyday and sometimes as many as 6.

Caporegime
Jimbo Mahoney said:
A few thoughts on this topic:

2) When you work it out, whey protein is the cheapest form of protein you can consume, and also one of the best (essential amino acids etc). It may seem expensive spending £20 - £40 at a time, but if you work out the cost of an egg and how little protein it actually contains... The same is true of animal (meat) proteins too.

nothing wrong with egg yolks. ok if your going ot have loads every day then its not the best, however, having a few full eggs is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom