Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
Went to Ignition today, was actually quite good. The noise of some of those older F1 cars was awesome and must have been funny for the people driving on the roads next to them see them.

Ive not been a fan of any recent time Scottish car show but this was good. Old Rally, new rally, F1 (new/old), off roaders, drifters, hot rods etc etc plus plenty of modern supercars all driving on the course around the SECC.

Inside was decent, usual displays, Caterham, Westfield, Ariel, Aston, Ferrari etc etc plus a few rare beasts like the Zenos, Renualt Alpines, etc etc. Got some pics but wont bore you all, but it was good. Decent amount you could get inside too for a change. Overall, a good show. David Coulthard did some driving in the Red Bull F1 too.

Linky link to noise

suyjpk.jpg

1603bqh.jpg

s4qivo.jpg

30auyis.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
It's an Aixam. Not sure if it's the case in England, but in France you can drive them without a full drivers licence, so they're quite popular with 15 year olds / pensioners etc. Most of them seem to be bike engined and unable to do more than about 20MPH uphill - not fun if you encounter one on a twisty mountain road.

Associate
Went to Ignition today, was actually quite good. The noise of some of those older F1 cars was awesome and must have been funny for the people driving on the roads next to them see them.

Ive not been a fan of any recent time Scottish car show but this was good. Old Rally, new rally, F1 (new/old), off roaders, drifters, hot rods etc etc plus plenty of modern supercars all driving on the course around the SECC.

Inside was decent, usual displays, Caterham, Westfield, Ariel, Aston, Ferrari etc etc plus a few rare beasts like the Zenos, Renualt Alpines, etc etc. Got some pics but wont bore you all, but it was good. Decent amount you could get inside too for a change. Overall, a good show. David Coulthard did some driving in the Red Bull F1 too.

I've been at Ignition since Thursday (My car's on display). It's an awesome event, really well put together for a first time show. As far as I've been told they've secured it for another 2 or 3 years and already have some big plans for next year.

Associate
It's an Aixam. Not sure if it's the case in England, but in France you can drive them without a full drivers licence, so they're quite popular with 15 year olds / pensioners etc. Most of them seem to be bike engined and unable to do more than about 20MPH uphill - not fun if you encounter one on a twisty mountain road.

Good grief.....hideous!

Soldato
I've been at Ignition since Thursday (My car's on display). It's an awesome event, really well put together for a first time show. As far as I've been told they've secured it for another 2 or 3 years and already have some big plans for next year.

Hope so. It was better than I expected and as said, the Scottish show's of the past 10+ years have been pretty rubbish in my opinion. It was good to see so much variety, cars actually being used and a few celebs.

Associate
That is in good nick, mine was a great car but so rusty it was falling apart in the drive, I even got up one day to find the headlight had fallen out with it's mounts still attached.

Back
Top Bottom