Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
This came past me at the weekend. I've never seen a truck jacked up like this before. The bottom of doors were level with the roof of the cars next to it and the exhaust was about 14" diameter.

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

Soldato
I don't know if those classics have had new paintjobs. But the paint looks so much better than we see on modern cars. None of the "orange peel" effect we see now.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
They were produced for 41 years, pretty amazing really and a testament to their great design. Shame they've all pretty much fallen to tin worm.

It would be cool to travel back to the 70's in terms of motoring. I'd imagine the most mundane cars of the time to them would be a characterful experience for us.

Soldato
I don't know if those classics have had new paintjobs. But the paint looks so much better than we see on modern cars. None of the "orange peel" effect we see now.

proper respray, my rear bumper looks miles better than the rest of the car.
cars back then had a much greater range of colours to choose from, the Cortina mk3 had loads of colours in its brochure/interior finishes/ vinyl roofs etc........hand sprayed too.......mind you, the car rusted like crazy though, they all did back then especially the Vauxhalls, Fiats and Lancias !

cars were also miles more unreliable than now, British Leyland were complete and utter crap, we had a Marina and two Avengers, these used to break down almost every week.

British Leyland started going downhill after 1976, because that's when all the Jap cars flooded the market and they were flipping miles better than BL

Last edited:
Soldato
I still see quite a lot of proper minis about, but only on sunny days when the weather is nice. They tend to be well pampered now, worth too much not to be.
There are few around my area that get driven daily by their owners, rain or shine. But then there are also things like Morris Travellers, Cortinas, Capris, MGs and all sorts of older things that seem to get used daily in Bristol.

Soldato
There are few around my area that get driven daily by their owners, rain or shine. But then there are also things like Morris Travellers, Cortinas, Capris, MGs and all sorts of older things that seem to get used daily in Bristol.

Ah up here, you see don't see many dailys. I could tell it was summer as I started to get loads of waves when out in the MGB. The rest of the year I didn't get to see anything worth waving at :D

Soldato
Ah up here, you see don't see many dailys. I could tell it was summer as I started to get loads of waves when out in the MGB. The rest of the year I didn't get to see anything worth waving at :D
Haha, yeah, more do come out in summer but some people around here seem to run old cars all the time and not just old people too.

y4mkpYtQlWZvfPZ3hW2kLsA9fBRpUxt0UQtv5NVzitnT3SeKaZbhlwCFfzvV4_rBXJlaE71g-LR6NGv95czbcQ7IyUOYZ2iwqByi0HC8mx-Vep4mdwhVcdF5aTeoHJCHnEloIj_yrFKJb7FtFOsXd1vxWrjqNybED0J8n1YP2fJLCly3bzknAJTRWXnzLtx5E__gVQBRokU5TfEtwLdPF-DFA

That was a frosty April morning for example. Often see a dark green mini around my area too. Maybe I'll actually bother to take photos of the older cars I see...unlikely, I'm lazy. :D

Back
Top Bottom