Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
The rate these manufacturers are going, everything will be SUVs. There's not a lot of small hatches still being made.
Please don’t compare a Clio V6 to a “small hatchback”

@theone8181 depressing isn’t it.

Car’s are getting bigger and heavier. (And more expensive and less efficient than they could be given the size). Really don’t understand it, but that’s just me.

Which brand new small hatch did you buy recently?

Man of Honour
We aren't going to get anything fun or unique again, which is why values of cars like this have rocketed

I wouldn't say never (Toyota isn't doing badly with the GR Yaris and Corolla for example), but there aren't a lot of cars made any more just because they can :(

Soldato
True, however I miss the lively handling of even my old R26 Megane. You really feel the weight of the 140i, but of course, it has the power too.

And yes, a Clio V6 is literally a small hatchback! Might be on the Twingo size, but it’s a small car (these days anyway!)

Soldato
Why not? It's literally a small hatchback.

Also, an M140i will be the superior car in every single metric apart from insanity.
It has two seats and an exciting halo 6 cylinder product, for some reason it was referenced as some sort of relation to a Hyundai i10 or ford fiesta.

That’s the insanity of this conversation! No one buys the cars then cries when they stop getting made!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
It has two seats and an exciting halo 6 cylinder product, for some reason it was referenced as some sort of relation to a Hyundai i10 or ford fiesta.

That’s the insanity of this conversation! No one buys the cars then cries when they stop getting made!!!
Do you think that Clio was based of nothing else, or do you think they started with the base Clio and added/took away bits :p . It might have a big engine in, but it's still a small hatchback, and small cars seem to be going the way of the dinosaur (unless you want a fiat 500:D).

Soldato
Citroen Ami says hello :p

KTsOPoo.png

Soldato

To be honest, a local car dealer in the UK had one as a commuter car, and i was chatting to him back when i was selling my car before moving over as i thought it'd be perfect for my mum who lives in a seaside town which gets crazy busy during peak seasons.
He let me have a nosey around and couldn't believe how spacious they are inside given i'm 6'3!

Soldato
Do you think that Clio was based of nothing else, or do you think they started with the base Clio and added/took away bits :p . It might have a big engine in, but it's still a small hatchback, and small cars seem to be going the way of the dinosaur (unless you want a fiat 500:D).

Even the electric Fiat 500 isn't that small. It looks a lot fatter than the petrol one and it isn't light anymore.

Last edited:
Don
Fiat 500s were all over the place up here a few years ago but they’ve kinda disappeared. Can’t last that long, lad I worked with had one for his daughter and it had alsorts of issues.

Both door handles falling off was one of the highlights.

Caporegime
I can't say I see many of them anymore either. But there were tonnes of them a few years ago.

Probably has something to do with them being built like crap, as someone else pointed out. :p

Back
Top Bottom