Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Associate
Enjoyed watching this race up the hill (Lancia Delta HF, the famous rally car from the 80s)

oLeKPYu.jpg

But the real stars were these 100 year old Bugattis (Type 13 for those interested). Not just still going, but still racing up the same hill (Prescott hill climb) they've been going up since 1938. Museum pieces and garage queens they are not!

fI2iAD5.jpg

Soldato
Saw a Hyundai Ioniq 5N today....which would have been notable in itself, but this one drew my attention mainly because it was being driven by an absolute *******. It was joining the A2 near Gravesend being a lorry, decided it couldn't wait any longer and so blasted past it on the slip road across the hatching, then dived straight across 4 lanes of traffic to sit up someone's backside in the outside lane, achieving nothing.

Never seen anything pick up quite so quick. I guess this is one downside of EVs and their instantly accessible torque, more tempting for ****s to get into relatively mundane cars and drive like dickheads.

Soldato
Saw a Hyundai Ioniq 5N today....which would have been notable in itself, but this one drew my attention mainly because it was being driven by an absolute *******. It was joining the A2 near Gravesend being a lorry, decided it couldn't wait any longer and so blasted past it on the slip road across the hatching, then dived straight across 4 lanes of traffic to sit up someone's backside in the outside lane, achieving nothing.

Never seen anything pick up quite so quick. I guess this is one downside of EVs and their instantly accessible torque, more tempting for ****s to get into relatively mundane cars and drive like *********.
Yeah, they are in a different league of acceleration. I've had this weird cat and mouse game with several EVs on the annoying stretches of the A11 (Elveden to Thetford) and the A1270 (aka the Broadland Northway) where there is roundabout after roundabout sometimes with only a mile (or less) between them. I come off the roundabout and accelerate normally up to my usual cruising speed. The EV will come off the same roundabout like a stabbed rat but then pull in and cruse at a relatively slow speed during which time I then end up passing them only for the cycle to repeat again at the next roundabout.

Our average speed between the roundabouts is pretty much the same but the way we get to that average couldn't be more different!

I've upset a few ding dongs on the road by not being able (or willing) to go from standstill to 60 in 5 seconds flat. Spoiling their party trick then ends up with them making some daft manoeuvre to get in front only for me to cruise past them a few minutes later when they've gone back into eco mode and have their cruise control set to 67 mph :confused:

I guess when you consider that run of the mill EVs have acceleration that even supercars of old couldn't achieve the sheer law of averages means that you are going to get some tools behind the wheel who can't, mentally at least, handle that level of performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
I happened to watch a video related to a wrap like that. Not only does it look like turd from distance, it's apparently incredibly difficult to apply properly and requires more cutting. You end up with more join lines than you otherwise would. I think some may even refuse to use it.

Soldato
I happened to watch a video related to a wrap like that. Not only does it look like turd from distance, it's apparently incredibly difficult to apply properly and requires more cutting. You end up with more join lines than you otherwise would. I think some may even refuse to use it.
Did you watch the follow up he did? Pretty sure you are talking about Yiannimize or however you spell it. Someone called him out and he gave him a dressing down.

Soldato
Did you watch the follow up he did? Pretty sure you are talking about Yiannimize or however you spell it. Someone called him out and he gave him a dressing down.

No, and I've no idea why it came up in my feed on YouTube either. Yes, that's him. Now after watching that, I've got 'your boy dmo in 600bhp civic' style videos coming up. It's like a virus. The level of bro is incredible, it's like tourettes when they say it. Open the door - bro. Sit in the seat - bro. Reverse the car - bro. Drive the car - bro. Hit the limiter in 3rd - bruuuuuuuuuuh.

Don
Oooh, I like that. Is that an OE colour for those? I was mostly settled on yellow calipers and yellow interior stitching, but that is lovely. Not too shouty.
Oakgreenmetallic or Malachitegreenmetallic Porsche PTS (Paint To Sample) colour I think

Man of Honour

Never seen anything pick up quite so quick. I guess this is one downside of EVs and their instantly accessible torque, more tempting for ****s to get into relatively mundane cars and drive like dickheads.

I've been watching (in other people's videos) someone rinsing one around the Nurburgring recently - they are ridiculously quick and will bail you out of mistakes pretty handily - which can make inexperienced drivers overly confident:

Well, this is a first:

I'd quite like that with a different grill, some changes at the back and taller to be fair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom