Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Caporegime
Sweet. :cool:
A proper British muscle car.
Except it cost 10x as much as a muscle car. :p

Depends on which model. The earlier series 70s series 2 and 3 cars (which i think are better looking) are "only" 310bhp but cost around £50k in great condition, the same as a decent mustang. Laster 80s ones cost £300k

This one there were only 405 made but is it the vantage x pack edition? Only 88 of them were made in RHD.

I would much rather have this 1969 one. Looks meaner. And came with a 5 speed manual box as well. The later ones were auto only.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Depends on which model. The earlier series 70s series 2 and 3 cars (which i think are better looking) are "only" 310bhp but cost around £50k in great condition, the same as a decent mustang. Laster 80s ones cost £300k

This one there were only 405 made but is it the vantage x pack edition? Only 88 of them were made in RHD.

I'll take the Mustang, because I'd be able to fix it, and parts will cost 1/100 as much. :p

I was meaning their new prices though, I imagine those would have been wildly different!

Caporegime
I'll take the Mustang, because I'd be able to fix it, and parts will cost 1/100 as much. :p

I was meaning their new prices though, I imagine those would have been wildly different!

Yeah but it was at the time the fastest car in the world. And you were doing that speed in luxury

Personally i think for £50k the earlier 70s ones are a bargain. And proper carbs as well. The V8 sounds epic with 4 twin carbs on it.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
zKu4fZ9.jpeg

Heard from around the corner, saw from across the road and had to use zoooom to grab a pic :p

Don
I'm sure it's been asked before, but what the hell is the deal with all the cars painted in flat grey? It looks **** and I'm pretty sure it's going to become how white was on the used market in the late 1990s - as in it was popular 5 to 10 years previously but utterly hated when fashion changed and so used cars in white were about 15% cheaper than literally any other colour.
That M2 would look halfway passable in a lovely deep, metallic burgundy or purple. Even that abortion of a car that is the Ioniq6 wouldn't look quite as stupid if it was in a nice colour.

I just don't get it. Why buy a brand new car and then choose a colour that makes it look ****?

Soldato
I'm sure it's been asked before, but what the hell is the deal with all the cars painted in flat grey?

Audi released Nardo Grey on an RS model about a decade ago, it was a bit different, so became a talking point. At which point other manufacturers saw the interest it generated and all thought "lets do that too" :p

It's something new for all the people afraid of having an actual colour who have done black, white, silver and metallic grey to death already.

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Took my boys to watch tractor pulling on Saturday. Some lovely noisy chest thumping horsepower. 2000+ in some cases, the one with 4 Lynx helicopter engines could be 6000+ potentially. Also a couple spots from the car park. The Primera was stripped just short of the drivers seat and dashboard.

zSSrmTIh.jpeg

aI9lR5fh.jpeg

0HHH7xZh.jpeg

uTJj8Ssh.jpeg

refKaKGh.jpeg

05HKjHrh.jpeg

NwuvOjdh.jpeg

ApDmWQEh.jpeg

k5Y8Mvgh.jpeg

12KGoIBh.jpeg

WrqByVCh.jpeg

4cuoenhh.jpeg

qiNlM1lh.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure it's been asked before, but what the hell is the deal with all the cars painted in flat grey? It looks **** and I'm pretty sure it's going to become how white was on the used market in the late 1990s - as in it was popular 5 to 10 years previously but utterly hated when fashion changed and so used cars in white were about 15% cheaper than literally any other colour.
That M2 would look halfway passable in a lovely deep, metallic burgundy or purple. Even that abortion of a car that is the Ioniq6 wouldn't look quite as stupid if it was in a nice colour.

I just don't get it. Why buy a brand new car and then choose a colour that makes it look ****?

I wonder myself too!
I have recently bought a new (used) car and I wanted red. 90% of the cars on sale were black, grey or white. Grey made up most of these. Thankfully I found a red one but it definitely is not a popular choice when new! I have also noticed that car companies now offer an increasing number of greys and few colours.
Shame!

Last edited:
Soldato

Same reason people paint their house interiors grey, with grey furniture, grey carpet etc. Then go outside and install grey decking and fake grass. Sometimes even paint the house exterior grey.

It's a fashion fad and it's not going to age well. In a few years people will be ripping out the grey stuff like they did the green stuff from the 80s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom