Post Your Garden!

Associate
looks as if it goes into you're garden.

but yea build a big wood store in front of it as it does look horrid. it needs a good lick of paint and a new roof then it might look half decent

It does go into our garden. I can thank council planning for that (ex-council house). Assume as they owned all the land at the time they put things where they wanted. It's drawn out on the deeds.

kai

kai

Soldato
Taken a bit of time, but the top end of the garden is finally getting there. We now have a massive gravel area that is not in the picture that now needs attention, as the next project.

Grass is looking a little worse for wear around the back as we are still having drainage issues, so a wet winter has been difficult to get it looking like the front.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

taking shape

image3.jpg

The garden now has a large rockery up at the top fence, however the flowers have gone mental and are now covering.

Front of the house when we got handed the keys, was pretty poor. The grass was practically dead, poor drainage and zero effort from the builders at some form of "planting"

image1.jpg

Now.

image2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
New house, completed and exchanged today, quite a large garden really, lots of plans in the pipeline.

First is a new garden gate, some fencing, paint, pressure washer the patio and re point everything.

9LvHuuL.jpg.png

Soldato
Are those home made planters or a purchased pack? They look good.

Home made. Got some treated wood from the other half's work.

tw0q0pR.jpg

Re-treated, especially cut ends and then built them and sat them on some bricks we bought from Homebase. Then filled it up with a mixture of decent soil, fertiliser and some top-soil.
Got the slate chippings on deal from Homebase too.

Soldato
Home made. Got some treated wood from the other half's work.

tw0q0pR.jpg

Re-treated, especially cut ends and then built them and sat them on some bricks we bought from Homebase. Then filled it up with a mixture of decent soil, fertiliser and some top-soil.
Got the slate chippings on deal from Homebase too.

Strange place to have a garden mate! :p

Soldato
Had an extension built. The house goes off at an angle and then greatly rises as you get out the back. Its been a nightmare to get a design that works…. But I think I’ve got there.

Before:

dq3g34.jpg

15gasuf.jpg

23tldvb.jpg

After:

This is only half complete, due for the all the face and block work to be rendered, we’re putting chippings in where you can see the gaps along with mains wired 0.5 meter lampposts which will light the whole garden.

Also where you see the middle part has slabs, I'm building/extending the decking down to the border edge and running a small balustrades along it... I'm no carpenter but I'm not goana lie it is so easy!

eiwk6b.jpg

28bh3lu.jpg

2eqgcqb.jpg

v3lwfm.jpg

8yumx1.jpg

Associate
Some great gardens i'll get some of mine in the current state its in so maybe some ideas can be spitballed!

Out of interest we have a couple of large trees at the back don't know what species they are but the gnats love them horrible things but mrs is against taking them down as the ladybirds love to nibble on the flying *****

Question is what could i plant in place of the trees as we are quite overlooked from the back and plan to have an open plan extension in the future and don't want the neighbours peering into the house.

I have seen some plants/tree/shrub things that are quite tall but i quite fancy a massive bush :S

kai

kai

Soldato
[TFU] Thegoon84;30058453 said:
Hi,

Could you give me a list of the plants you have in this please? Looks fantastic

I will be totally honest, I have no idea. We went to B&Q and went with evergreens and hard wearing plants. Mostly cordylines if memory services me.

Some have been given to me from my mother, who grows from seed. The pink ones in the background look really nice and are growing like crazy. I am sure someone here can shed some light on what they are.

It has taken a few years to establish, this growth but now it looks great all year round with little to any maintenance.

Soldato
I will be totally honest, I have no idea. We went to B&Q and went with evergreens and hard wearing plants. Mostly cordylines if memory services me.

Some have been given to me from my mother, who grows from seed. The pink ones in the background look really nice and are growing like crazy. I am sure someone here can shed some light on what they are.

It has taken a few years to establish, this growth but now it looks great all year round with little to any maintenance.

The pink ones are Astilbe. Looks like variegated flax in the pot and a canary palm.

Soldato

The pink ones are indeed Astilbe and if you planted them without knowing what you're doing you made a good choice there they love damp, almost boggy places which is why they're growing so well most ones I see are rather pathetic specimens as they're simply in the wrong place in dry soil.

The red plants in the background look like Cordyline palm and in the pot on the corner is a Phormium variegated form (New Zealand Flax) both good choices for large containers so well done.

There'd need to be a nearer photo to identify the rest.

Back
Top Bottom