Post Your Garden!

Associate
I live in Surrey where you don't get much for your money. I wish I'd taken some proper before pictures but never mind.

We currently have someone in doing this work for us. I'll post some more pictures when completed. The slats on the fence will be painted a lighter gray than what is shown on one of the pictures.

Before:

During:

Completed pictures to follow ...

Associate
I live in Surrey where you don't get much for your money. I wish I'd taken some proper before pictures but never mind.

We currently have someone in doing this work for us. I'll post some more pictures when completed. The slats on the fence will be painted a lighter gray than what is shown on one of the pictures.

Before:

During:

Completed pictures to follow ...

Great Work so far, really like how the fence has been done i am going to have to copy this at some point :)

Associate
It's lovely, I shudder at the cost.. any chance you can let us know your prices?

Thanks very much. The cost, including all the materials (several replacement fence panels, fence slats, raised borders, staining, painting, new flagstones, concreting, gravel, new lawn etc) will come to around 8k. Looking forward to getting some nice plants, planters and garden furniture - I'll be able to really enjoy sitting outside provided we have a good summer!

Associate
It's a shame it's not a sunny day. There's an outside chance the turf will come tomorrow.

There's another coat of wood stain to apply on the raised borders yet.

The idea behind the grey is that it will provide a good contrast to the plants / climbers to go in the borders.

Associate
It's going to be awesome mate, lots see a garden as 'the bit outside' but actually these areas can seriously change your whole house.. (and increase your house price) Anyone with a brain will realise a lovely space where you can spend time outside is a massive bonus. I like the grey, you are right, a sharp contrast to plants, I can see you have a nice acer in there already, but any colour will be magnified by the matt grey scheme. Shaping up to be a lovely garden I'll be coverting!!! GRRRR!!! Keep us updated, it's great to get some inspiration.. I've done loads on my garden, moved mountains (literally) now running down out of steam, so much left to do, posts like yours show me what can be achieved, gives me a kick in the butt and hopefully I can get on!

Associate
It's going to be awesome mate, lots see a garden as 'the bit outside' but actually these areas can seriously change your whole house.. (and increase your house price) Anyone with a brain will realise a lovely space where you can spend time outside is a massive bonus. I like the grey, you are right, a sharp contrast to plants, I can see you have a nice acer in there already, but any colour will be magnified by the matt grey scheme. Shaping up to be a lovely garden I'll be coverting!!! GRRRR!!! Keep us updated, it's great to get some inspiration.. I've done loads on my garden, moved mountains (literally) now running down out of steam, so much left to do, posts like yours show me what can be achieved, gives me a kick in the butt and hopefully I can get on!

Thank you! We really want to do something with the limited space to make it feel like a special place to relax in. Consequently, we were prepared to get a little adventurous with the design within the constraints of the budget. As you have mentioned, this will completely change the feel of the whole house. My wife has a thing for acers - we have 10 in total :)

Good luck with your garden endeavours!

Taking huge inspiration from your Garden build. Would love to see the completed photos as getting some Landscapers in over the next few weeks to quote up on similar plans

Thanks very much for that, it's appreciated :) I'll be sure to post more pictures as things progress. It's on the verge of coming together now so it shouldn't be too much longer before the general layout is complete.

Associate
Thank you! We really want to do something with the limited space to make it feel like a special place to relax in. Consequently, we were prepared to get a little adventurous with the design within the constraints of the budget. As you have mentioned, this will completely change the feel of the whole house. My wife has a thing for acers - we have 10 in total :)

Good luck with your garden endeavours!

Thanks very much for that, it's appreciated :) I'll be sure to post more pictures as things progress. It's on the verge of coming together now so it shouldn't be too much longer before the general layout is complete.

super to hear, I'll try and get some shots of my digs.. lets hope it inspires plenty..

Associate
Been doing my garden up for a wee while, hit a bit of a stumbling block so worked stopped but it's almost there now!!
Original:
2016-05-30%2018.50.52_zpsqv2m0ngm.jpg

After heavy rain it floods up to the line of slabs you see in the middle so decided to dig some ditches for the water to drain into... which led to this:
2016-05-31%2020.30.34_zps2s8baqbu.jpg

Yes, that is diesel in the water.. was told by my neighbour when they were building the houses across the back they spilt diesel which collected in our gardens, this was cleaned up and the original owners were compensated at the time.
I called out environmental health who took samples away and decided it wasn't bad enough to warrant concern, even after I advised them I found a dead crow floating in it!
It seems the new houses are built about 2-3ft higher so all their ground water flows down, which explains the flooding and why those ditches filled with water in 2 days!!

Anyway, new fence, relaid the patio area and path (almost complete), new weed membrane down and new stones (almost) and soon ready to enjoy during the summer (if we get one!)
2017-03-27%2016.08.18_zps7es5qziv.jpg

Associate
Been busy hiding the bins and making use of the last part of the garden

Before

And After bit more planting to do but its getting there.

And here is another little project underway just needs painting, pallet idea took from pinterest for tidying the shoes outside.

Thanks for looking Keep the garden updates coming there all good :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom