Post Your Garden!

Soldato
5 weeks ago this was bare - nothing but odd shoot showing on ground - Warmth and water makes a world of difference.

413341241.jpg

413341242.jpg

Associate
5 weeks ago this was bare - nothing but odd shoot showing on ground - Warmth and water makes a world of difference.

Very nice, looks fantastic!

Ten days in and the lawn is bedding down nicely. The pointing on the new paving has been done and slate chippings deposited between the slabs and the lawn edging. An additional coat of stain is still required on the raised borders. Two or three more weeks and it's off to the garden centre to buy some more plants.

Last edited:
Associate
Very nice, looks fantastic!

Ten days in and the lawn is bedding down nicely. The pointing on the new paving has been done and slate chippings deposited between the slabs and the lawn edging. An additional coat of stain is still required on the raised borders. Two or three more weeks and it's off to the garden centre to buy some more plants.

That as turned out very nice and neat enjoy :)

Associate
Here's mine currently in two minds about what to do down the left side fence area as it doesn't get much sun during the winter and the drainage is terrible (clay) also doesn't help we've a puppy who likes to dig

I was thinking about railway sleepers down the sides but think they might be to thick, maybe planks of wood to keep the grass level. It's a nightmare cutting the grass as it goes all over the slate

We've also bought a few shrubs to go down the left side and more slate but we may pot them so we can move them around
IMG_20170527_154038.jpg

IMG_20170527_154102.jpg

Soldato
Nice place Rossi, how long have you been in there now? Seem to remember a post about this.

Been there 2 years now :) loving it.

I like that outbuilding! It looks nice and big. Is it some kind of car port with a room on the back? I can't see any doors on the first photo.

Cheers.
There's a car port and a big garage. The bit at the back is a powered and insulated outbuilding that's full plasterboarded and lino floor. Just have a freezer and storage in there at the moment, next year we'll be turning it into a garden "pub" :).

Associate
Cheers.
There's a car port and a big garage. The bit at the back is a powered and insulated outbuilding that's full plasterboarded and lino floor. Just have a freezer and storage in there at the moment, next year we'll be turning it into a garden "pub" :).

Good stuff. I'd quite like something like that in the corner of my garden. The wood seems to have taken on a grey patina which looks great and it blends in well given its size.

Associate
Re-posted some images so apologies for that. It's nice to have everything in a single post though.

There still a little to do but it's mostly complete now. Finally, a nice place to relax in after 15 years of mess ...

View from the patio door.

Shortly after the work was started - the painting on the fencing had already begun. It's a pity I didn't take pictures right at the beginning.

All the slats were hand cut and screwed into place.

After all the planting yesterday.

We planted the acer about 10 years ago and it has grown considerably.

There are still some planters to be added on the decking.

Beautiful!

This corner gets most of the sun during the daytime. This a about 8:30am. There are some passion flowers to be planted in a container in the corner.

Small front garden featuring wood, gravel sand and bins. Awesome.

Somewhat nicer.

I love alliums ... and bees.

Associate
Great change! How much did it cost / what was involved in the planning / did you get people in to plan what to plant etc?

Associate
Great change! How much did it cost / what was involved in the planning / did you get people in to plan what to plant etc?

Thank you. The total cost was around £8.5k (including the plants). I initially spoke in detail with the guy who did the work about what I wanted and what would work. He also turned out to be very knowledgeable with his plants and we spent time with him at a local trade-only garden centre so got the plants relatively cheap too. The plants have been selected for position, height, flowering time, vigour, cost/value for money etc. We should have lots of flowering transition throughout the year.

Associate
Thank you. The total cost was around £8.5k (including the plants). I initially spoke in detail with the guy who did the work about what I wanted and what would work. He also turned out to be very knowledgeable with his plants and we spent time with him at a local trade-only garden centre so got the plants relatively cheap too. The plants have been selected for position, height, flowering time, vigour, cost/value for money etc. We should have lots of flowering transition throughout the year.

Any chance you could give a rough idea on your dimensions?

Looks great and trying to compare to my garden size

Back
Top Bottom