Post Your Garden!

Permabanned
not sure what he did, took a random image from the internet and said fixed or went to his house, took another photo and put it up.... how did he get the image from

Don
Just cut the grass and I've been given the go ahead to get rid of the ugly stuff in the second pic. I will lay turf and I'm sure the kids will be happy.

816C84B3-4F56-4788-B9CA-2C1C5B66F474_zpsjjr69eb8.jpg

All of Sunday afternoon utilised and half of it done. The big killer is getting the roots out now!

Concrete to be laid in the corner where the big root is visible and summer house in the corner.

Turf to be laid by the shed.

D4CE3942-3B7D-4E3B-8029-148BD1BB1120_zps231zsmnq.jpg

E2C54071-5ECC-4C7F-9D61-FE1931FAC8E0_zpssfxfxhr8.jpg

Soldato
Does that soil reach the shed base / floor / wall? If so could dig it out and put a damp proof membrane down the back to keep it dry.

Associate
Yeah the soil goes right to the shed, not even sure what sort of base the shed is sat on because it was there when I moved in. Wouldn't be surprised if it's just straight on the soil. Good idea about the membrane though, will shift some of the soil and see what's there. Planning on changing the shed next year since I do a fair bit of woodwork and you can never have too much space to work in :D

Soldato
I'm in the process of redesigning the top of my garden and am just after some opinions on my rough mock up so far. It currently looks like this:

1jwplZGh.jpg

There is a lot of wasted space up there and it is also the sunniest part of the garden so would like it to be more usable. I plan on moving the pond over to the left and making it bigger and putting a large patio on the other side. I'd like to build some sort of wooden structure in the corner as well to provide a bit of shelter but this may be a bit ambitious! It's 7.5 meters from the shed across to the right and the right length is just under 8 metres so there is a decent size to use.

WibS24Oh.jpg

Associate
I'm in the process of redesigning the top of my garden and am just after some opinions on my rough mock up so far. It currently looks like this:

1jwplZGh.jpg

There is a lot of wasted space up there and it is also the sunniest part of the garden so would like it to be more usable. I plan on moving the pond over to the left and making it bigger and putting a large patio on the other side. I'd like to build some sort of wooden structure in the corner as well to provide a bit of shelter but this may be a bit ambitious! It's 7.5 meters from the shed across to the right and the right length is just under 8 metres so there is a decent size to use.

WibS24Oh.jpg

Looks good!

What did you use to draw that design?

cheers

Associate
I don't think there is anything wrong with your garden, it just needs a little TLC and a touch of colour.

Pull the weeds
Pressure wash the slabs
Replace the stone around pond
Paint the concrete planters/pond
Maybe put some trellis in around 3 sides and get a load of different colour climbing roses
Some pond plants

Low maintenance doesn't have to be dull.

Soldato
Unfortunately it's just not very usable as it is. It's wasted space really as the dog just uses the plants to wee on and there is no area to sit. It gets most of the sun in the summer in the evening so it would be nice to have a place to sit out longer. Also, the pond is just one deep depth with no shelves so it wasn't very suited to plants, they all seemed to die when I put them in. A lot of the bricks in around the flower beds are loose and need redoing as well and they just look a bit tatty.

Associate
many reasons, i take you mean level the top to the bottom of the of the garden otherwise there'd be a 1.5metre drop if i raised tje bottom in line with the top, the photo may not do it justice!
anyway its higher at the top as the house fell down and the builders bulldozed all the rubble down the garden! long before i bought it. if i had the money to spare i would level it better however really happy how it turned out.

Back
Top Bottom