Post Your Garden!

Man of Honour
Tree Fern.

It's 60 years old, from Tasmania.

Scientific name, Dicksonia antarctica

That's what it looked like when we planted it 2 weeks ago. I've put a brick border around the edge of the planting area now and it's already stared to grow fronds, which we were amazed at.

Gotta water the outside of the "trunk" and the top of it. Fascinating things. Grow about 5cm a year.

Had a few in our garden growing up. Lovely things. Properly ancient too in terms of evolution, one of the few things to stick around pretty much unchanged. Must have cost a bit to get one that size.

Man of Honour
Had a few in our garden growing up. Lovely things. Properly ancient too in terms of evolution, one of the few things to stick around pretty much unchanged. Must have cost a bit to get one that size.
Yeah, haven't changed since the before the days of the dinosaur apparently.

Was wife's birthday present, cost about £360 from thepalmtreecompany.com

Soldato
Bee enjoying the Alliums..

Ay6oh6S.jpg

Mother Blue t it and her babies (she's trying to teach them to feed themselves, but they're resisting and she's still having to drop food in their mouths)..

hkVPo77.jpg

I really must get a proper camera.

Soldato
First mow on second lowest setting!! A setting that I haven’t seen since around the 00’s lol normally have to cut at the half way point!

have two clumps of weed grass and 2 larges spots of weed outbreaks that I need to take care of. Also try and get the outskirts a little more thicker. What would
Be my best action?

Rather pleased with the outcome for my first attempt at a lawn renovation. I still have a lot of leveling to do. Might just be quicker to put a mini bull dozer in there in a few years time. I have much enjoyed doing the work.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Very nice.

But that won't last long unless you keep putting the effort in. Mine was like that after I ripped it up and seeded it. Doesn't look like that anymore :p

Associate
First mow on second lowest setting!! A setting that I haven’t seen since around the 00’s lol normally have to cut at the half way point!

have two clumps of weed grass and 2 larges spots of weed outbreaks that I need to take care of. Also try and get the outskirts a little more thicker. What would
Be my best action?

Rather pleased with the outcome for my first attempt at a lawn renovation. I still have a lot of leveling to do. Might just be quicker to put a mini bull dozer in there in a few years time. I have much enjoyed doing the work.

Kinnell how big is your yard

Man of Honour
Very nice.

But that won't last long unless you keep putting the effort in. Mine was like that after I ripped it up and seeded it. Doesn't look like that anymore :p
Mines a nightmare, but I don't have a flat lawn like Kinnell, mines all banks and levels. But I pulled out an entire wheelbarrow of dandelions yesterday, just off one bank. :eek:

Soldato
Very nice.

Have all the gear now!! Spent a little bit more in the hope of it would make the job and maintenance a little bit easier. This was more a test run to see if I liked it and how much work is involved.

Going to replace the fences with Laurels as wood just doesn't last and I much prefer the look and all the wildlife they bring in.

It's the watering that's a bit pita. When I'm installing the laurels I might look at installing irrigation.

Back
Top Bottom