Post Your Garden!

Associate
Useless stuff. Bleach was cheaper and cleaned them up including all the black lichen stuff on there. Even pressure washing is more effort.

Thinking this route next year. Pressure washer did the job but took a while to ensure everything was cleaned up. There's also the stronger stuff they use for swimming pools.

Man of Honour
Thinking this route next year. Pressure washer did the job but took a while to ensure everything was cleaned up. There's also the stronger stuff they use for swimming pools.

Yes, I bought the stronger stuff and just diluted it slightly. It also stopped everything growing back on the patio for a while too.

Soldato
Hope yours turns out easier than mine.
Hell's bells.

Well mine has only been down 3 years so it can't be that bad but it's also only these weird black "splashes".. I've got some proper patio cleaner which I'm a bit loathed to use because I hate it killing my grass (at least it did when the guys who laid the path used it to get the grout off and let it touch the grass).

I'll test a few spots and see how I get on this weekend if I can stay sober long enough.

Soldato
I am in to my 3rd week of cleaning all the slabs around the house - Not touched it since it went down 14 yrs ago so they are/were in a right mess. Most of it was dirt but also had loads of white fungi and black spot's.
So following tips from this forum I bought some Patio Magic and sprayed the lot - After a week I said sod this waiting- so pressure washed it off and they did come up really clean. Then tried bleach which cleaned up slabs a bit more but didn't do much for spots. So bought some patio cleaner and black spot cleaner -patio cleaner won't shift black spot -Google it !
I then spent a few days with pressure washer and got most of white spots off.
Then I sprayed the black spot's - and the black spots came off - Not all though so another squirt of black spot.
I have found to get it clean you/I had to pressure wash it.
This afternoon the rain stopped so went out and did the slab path - These are the really old 3x2 concrete slabs and they are proving to be a PITA. Got rid of white spots and fortunately they don't have black spot.
It's a good job they are not fitting our water meter till next month so I am hammering the pressure washing.

Hope yours turns out easier than mine.
You waited a week and then got impatient and determined "that's what you had to do"?

Soldato
Pond Irises rearing their pretty heads..

815VVwQ.jpg

HefT8vm.jpg

and a bee with it's pollen sacks well and truly full from the Lupins (amongst other stuffs)..

xR5jeZr.jpg
Gorgeous irises the lupins are lovely too I've always had a soft spot for lupins I've got some coming up from seed that need planting out this weekend, I should say second lot as the first didn't surivive the Great Slug Massacre of '24

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom