Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
Hi Chris,

It's not really that high when actually sat down, you don't need to move your neck at all, the eyes slightly yes.

I had another TV before this that was lower, but unfortunately I have cats who managed to get scratches all over it trying to chase things on the tv haha. Found at this height, they don't bother and just tend to watch it. Didn't really fancy scratches over this one when I spent £1300 on it. I could have possibly put the Sonos above the TV, but it just didn't feel right doing so.

Again there is also some weird metal beams running sideways not vertical on that wall on the lower and upper bits that also meant I couldn't go as low as I wanted. No idea why they are like that, as I just thought it was a false wall put up, but does seem to drown the sound out from the toilet that sits behind it.

Soldato
My thinking is put a false wall in between the shelves to run all the cables behind it. I have some 50mm mdf at work so can either paint it, laminate it or veneer it

Associate
Here is my setup at home, truly does sound amazing and can be ridiculously loud when needed to annoy the chavs living next door (which just happens to be on the same side my setup is.. :) ). But anyhow.. this is what I have. Centre speaker is to be upgraded yet. Just can't decide on which one.

All this setup was 2nd hand from the bay or Facebook.

Onkyo sr608 7.2 receiver
Xbox one
Panasonic BR player

Centre speaker- eltax Jupiter
Front sides - wharfdale valdus 400
Rear side - wharfdale valdus 100se
Sub - Yamaha sw315, 8" cone, 80 watts
Tv - hisense 75" 4k UHD.

Tv has some backlighting, but looking at getting a new stand shortly so will be lighting that up aswell.

Cable management is a mess. But it can't be seen

pmg5uDdVj

Last edited:
Associate
Often the best way to get good hifi performance at the same time as an AV setup. I did similar for a while but the Arcam sounds nice enough to be a one box solution. I'm a big NAD fan, would love their Master Series Processor/Power Amp

First off the bat that's a very nice looking setup. I love the look of the Cm series before they switched to the s2 design. As for the CM10 s2 as good as it is compared to the rest of the CM series lineup it at a very weird price point as for the price you pay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom