Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
Ah thank you! I was looking at the Besta but for some reason didn't click that they were the same. How are you finding it in terms of fitting AV equipment in? I've found some lovely cabinets but they are all far too small for a decent sized amp/receiver.

They’re a really good size tbh. I have quite a bit of kit including a quite large Meridian power amp (557) and this accommodates it all easily. I have a Logitech Harmony elite with the hub so am able to control all the equipment with the cabinet doors closed so it works really well for me.

Man of Honour
They’re a really good size tbh. I have quite a bit of kit including a quite large Meridian power amp (557) and this accommodates it all easily. I have a Logitech Harmony elite with the hub so am able to control all the equipment with the cabinet doors closed so it works really well for me.

Awesome, will get one of those ordered then :) thanks again

Associate
E19-FEC10-0-C88-4241-9807-2-E7-AFA70-D2-B4.jpg

The clean look for 2020.

65” B7, Sonos Beam with two One’s (one regular, one SL) as a stereo pair. Need to grab another SL at some point and then can move the regular one into the kitchen.

Associate
Hi All,

I'm new to the group just signed up and thought I'd share my Vintage inspired Hifi Setup.

My setup consists of...

Teac A-3300SX reel to reel, Pioneer, CT-F750 Cassette Deck, Sony EL-5 Elcaset Deck, DBX 224 Noise Reduction Module, Marantz 5220 cassette deck, Marantz 2225 Receiver, Pioneer HR-99 8 track recorder, Sansui XR-Q7 turntable, Teac 500 Series Mini Disc, Sony TC-K990ES Cassette deck, Sony CDP-101 CD Player, Nakamichi BX-1. The speakers I use are a pair of Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Editions, not pictured.

The Sony TC-K333ESA known as the (K990ES) in the west was a recent purchase over Christmas. The yellow cassette wall holders were also a recent addition. Made by a company called Discofoon and originally purchased in the Netherlands.

Happy New Year everyone!

Soldato
E19-FEC10-0-C88-4241-9807-2-E7-AFA70-D2-B4.jpg

The clean look for 2020.

65” B7, Sonos Beam with two One’s (one regular, one SL) as a stereo pair. Need to grab another SL at some point and then can move the regular one into the kitchen.

Looks nice. Why not use the One's as rears? Presumably the ones don't add anything with TV viewing?

Associate
Looks nice. Why not use the One's as rears? Presumably the ones don't add anything with TV viewing?

That's a potential plan, but current layout of living room and getting the wife to sign off on it mean it's a WIP.

I could just separate the pair and move them around the house so plenty of options, which is what I wanted.

Soldato
Hi All,

I'm new to the group just signed up and thought I'd share my Vintage inspired Hifi Setup.

My setup consists of...

Teac A-3300SX reel to reel, Pioneer, CT-F750 Cassette Deck, Sony EL-5 Elcaset Deck, DBX 224 Noise Reduction Module, Marantz 5220 cassette deck, Marantz 2225 Receiver, Pioneer HR-99 8 track recorder, Sansui XR-Q7 turntable, Teac 500 Series Mini Disc, Sony TC-K990ES Cassette deck, Sony CDP-101 CD Player, Nakamichi BX-1. The speakers I use are a pair of Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Editions, not pictured.

The Sony TC-K333ESA known as the (K990ES) in the west was a recent purchase over Christmas. The yellow cassette wall holders were also a recent addition. Made by a company called Discofoon and originally purchased in the Netherlands.

Happy New Year everyone!

31Poi0G.png

Soldato
My son is about to turn 15 and for Christmas he really wanted to pimp his room up a bit... I found a cheap projector on eBay and thought I'd give it a bash and see what it was like. He's got a really good PC (it was mine, now I wish I hadn't given it to him :p ) and so got some speakers, mini amp and projector to make his room somewhat of his own cinema room!
Oh, and a sweet machine and popcorn maker, as well as the fridge he got last year for Christmas... don't think he's going to ever leave.

https://imgur.com/gbNFvPc

https://imgur.com/JKfhlqD

https://imgur.com/lGdyk5n
gbNFvPc.mp4

yH3GLzu.mp4

[EDIT: Above links to videos as doesn't seem to like imgur vid embedding]
M5Crwa5.mp4

lGdyk5n.mp4

Don't worry, I hid the cables yesterday! It was given me eye aids.

UefqlvT.jpg

Spec is:
PC: Ryzen 1700X, 32GB RAM, RX580, M.2 500GB, 1TB SSD, NZXT Case.
LESHP Projector from eBay
Fosi Audio BT10A Bluetooth Amp
Mordaunt Short M10 speakers

His room is all sorted now, and the projector is so much better than I thought it would be for 65quid! So much so, I ordered another one for my bedroom. We have an awkward room layout for our bedroom and an alcove with fitted wardrobes in front of our bed, and nowhere to really mount a TV, so I figured a similar setup would be ideal but with a motorised screen. :D
I started on that mini project and as soon as the screen and speakers arrive I'll post up some pics.

Really nice budget setup tbh!

Associate
Looks like you did a great job of making the panels. Did you test the placing of them though?? Usually this type of panel is better behind the listening seat. Ofcourse you should rely on listening tests to determine this and which area of the room you most hear the boom or bass your trying to trap.

Thanks. To be honest, these serve 2 purposes, the main one being to cut down in general reflections while adding some slabs of colour to the room. I’ve made and will be making some more to locate in various parts of the room (it’s large - 36’ x 26’, 17’ bifold window on the side - so the acoustics are challenging).

In my previous house where the room was much smaller, I was able to position the panels better, bigger corner traps and at the first reflections points etc. This is definitely a compromise but certainly helps with the echo.

Caporegime
Bought a Optoma UHD51a to upgrade from the HD50
rCLhBE7.jpg

tYFYQd8.jpg

My HD50 had issues as well, so it was to fix those. Tried out the 4K with HDR on Avengers Endgame last night, genuinely curious on how much of a difference I would see (92" screen) - and my...god...

I did not expect it to be this much, the clarity is amazing. Also I am well impressed with the HDR performance as well. Very happy with this purchase :)

Soldato
Nice!

I've currently got a BenQ W1400 that I've had for 5 years now. Recently put a decent projector screen in so have been contemplating the switch to 4k, but I should really focus on getting a speaker package to compliment my Marantz SR7013 first as it's still currently sat in 2.0!

Caporegime
Nice!

I've currently got a BenQ W1400 that I've had for 5 years now. Recently put a decent projector screen in so have been contemplating the switch to 4k, but I should really focus on getting a speaker package to compliment my Marantz SR7013 first as it's still currently sat in 2.0!
Definitely sound!

Focus on getting the sound where you want then picture after. It has the bigger impact IMO. :)

Back
Top Bottom