Post your speed test

5158379420.png

How did you go about getting this sorted? We're having a similar experience, rarely getting over 200Mbps.
They've been to the property and said its something in my home network (it's not... have tried with the bt hub and my own router)

It ended up being a capacity problem at the exchange which I initially guessed all along. I had the usual engineer visit which proved the problem was not at my end, eventually one day it jumped to 300Mbps and after probing them they admitted it was the exchange.

Unfortunately it's not 300Mbps all the time, normally early in the morning or very late at night, it hovers around 250-280Mbps during the day but I'm pretty happy with those speeds as I expect it to be lower during peak periods.

Few days ago it was around 21Mb line in to the house. But checked just now after seeing GTA V redownload some files at 3.1Mb up from 2.7Mb.

5206928963.png

There was a router update but that was a week or more back.. No complaints!

I don't know what's happened with the FTTC in my area, but things have improved a lot over the last week or so. For the last few years my ping has always been around 30ms and download speed around 63 Mbps. It dosn't seem to matter what time of the day, or who i do a test with (Ookla, zen or Think Broadband), my speed is now 70 Mbps and ping 14 ms. What ever the reason is, i'm more than happy.

Back
Top Bottom