Post your speed test

4982957447.png

Work:

4992927897.png

Home:

4992946058.png

I'm with sky on their 40mb package. Back when I was on BT I got 78mb with infinity2. I'll likely go to another fiber provider when my sky contract expires and hopefully back to 80\20 although 40\10 has been fine to be honest.

After almost a year with Sky i've downloaded 3.36TB and uploaded 682GB

bbtotals.png

Last edited:
I'm with sky on their 40mb package. Back when I was on BT I got 78mb with infinity2. I'll likely go to another fiber provider when my sky contract expires and hopefully back to 80\20 although 40\10 has been fine to be honest.
I'd probably be fine with 40 Mb/s download too but I have the top-tier package from Plusnet because I want 20 Mb/s upload. Hell, even with that I can't stream HD satellite streams over my VPN (even if they have an average bit rate of 5-8 Mb/s) so I wouldn't even want to try with 10 Mb/s upload. SD works fine though (3-4 Mb/s average).

I'd probably be fine with 40 Mb/s download too but I have the top-tier package from Plusnet because I want 20 Mb/s upload. Hell, even with that I can't stream HD satellite streams over my VPN (even if they have an average bit rate of 5-8 Mb/s) so I wouldn't even want to try with 10 Mb/s upload. SD works fine though (3-4 Mb/s average).

My brother lives in Paris and regularly watches content from my plex server. We had to peg down the quality to 6mb/s if I recall correctly, which means transcoding, but it's been working perfectly since.

Plusnet is actually who I'm looking to move to.

Well I had the same speed limitations with BT, so Plusnet isn't the issue. I think it's an overhead issue - I use L2TP/IPSec at the moment. I've tried OpenVPN twice but both times I couldn't get it to work. Might be worth another try with my new router.

Well I had the same speed limitations with BT, so Plusnet isn't the issue. I think it's an overhead issue - I use L2TP/IPSec at the moment. I've tried OpenVPN twice but both times I couldn't get it to work. Might be worth another try with my new router.

I use pfsense with openvpn on my setup although I don't use that for streaming or file transfers. Instead I use the inbuilt plex external access and SSH. I get very good speeds with both.

:eek: !!...confused

5082704974.png

..either the entire population of VM users in my area have gone on holiday or VM have fixed the contention issues which resulted in 5-10Mbit speeds at peak times and weekends.

Surely I couldn't be that lucky, VM fixing the long standing capacity issue less than a week after i joined them.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom