** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Soldato
I've had a bit of time with my X34 Gsync, so far:

The Good:
- Very wide!
- Very immersive!
- Goes to sleep as it should
- Some IPS glow bottom left but on par with my Dell 30" IPS
- No issues that I can see, the screen is definitely cleaner than my Dell with it's aggressive coating.
- I've not played games above 60FPS in such a while.... it's lovely :)

The Not So Good:
- Not as tall as my Dell 30"
- Only overclocks to 95Hz but I've yet to reset it to see if it solves it.
- The menu buttons are abysmal.
- As the menu is such a pain and the OSD timeout catching me every time, the first thing you must do is change this to 30 seconds or something....
- The curve takes a lot of getting used to. Games are fine but when in windows everything is bent, not curved, if you get my understanding. You could never image edit on this monitor, you'd go crazy. I'm trying to work out the best way to sit in front of it to minimise the curvature, haven't managed it thus far. Look up - bent, look down - bent!

Other things to note, since the menu buttons are so bad, a remote would have been a good idea for things like changing the volume or input source.

Associate
I've had a bit of time with my X34 Gsync, so far:

The Not So Good:
- Not as tall as my Dell 30"
- Only overclocks to 95Hz but I've yet to reset it to see if it solves it.
- The menu buttons are abysmal.
- As the menu is such a pain and the OSD timeout catching me every time, the first thing you must do is change this to 30 seconds or something....
- The curve takes a lot of getting used to. Games are fine but when in windows everything is bent, not curved, if you get my understanding. You could never image edit on this monitor, you'd go crazy. I'm trying to work out the best way to sit in front of it to minimise the curvature, haven't managed it thus far. Look up - bent, look down - bent!

Other things to note, since the menu buttons are so bad, a remote would have been a good idea for things like changing the volume or input source.

U can do this? :D

Ive got that used to mine i fly through it, tho im using the recc settings and ive adjusted to them perfectly so ive no need to be in there now

For ppl who are considering the purchase, i had apprehensions about buying one due to the price tag but i couldnt be happier 2 weeks on, minimal blb and zero other issues (Freesync model)

its met all expectations and exceeded them, i actually think the more im using it the more i am impressed, no going back now :cool:

Havent got round to pics yet but i will soon

Soldato
me too, ive been a bit dissapointed with monitors over the last few years after my hyundai 240d nothing has been as good for iq and colour untill now, this xr34 will be with me for quite some time i feel

Soldato
Im also delighted with mine after a day with it, well worth the money, the menu's are a bit annoying but to be honest, after setting it up its not something you need to muck about with. I was a bit worried going down from 144hz to 100hz but i cant really say i notice much difference in smoothness.

Caporegime
Despite saying that I would never buy an acer product, I might just buckle if the price of the freesync drops to £600 some time soon.... And from what I have read, the freesync version doesn't seem to have any issues except possibly bad backlight bleed?

Associate
Despite saying that I would never buy an acer product, I might just buckle if the price of the freesync drops to £600 some time soon.... And from what I have read, the freesync version doesn't seem to have any issues except possibly bad backlight bleed?

I have a picture of mine on page 30ish, its minimal, it can be noticed if ur looking for it only on a pure black back round but nothing that would have a negative affect on the over experience of using the monitor.

The picture is taken with a brightness of around 80

From what ive seen most models r similar, ive not heard anyone on these forums complain about an unacceptable amount of BLB and the monitor has now been out around a month

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah that isn't bad at all for 80% brightness! A lot higher than what I would be using!

On my 29um65, I can't use anything over 13% as it is way too bright for me.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah that isn't bad at all for 80% brightness! A lot higher than what I would be using!

On my 29um65, I can't use anything over 13% as it is way too bright for me.

Not sure if id see any BLB at that brightness

i followed the settings from the tweaktown review, brightness is at 58 and everything looks pretty much spot on to me so kept them

Ill check these out, is there anything else diff than the TFT recc settings? i prob would like mine slightly brighter

Back
Top Bottom