US: Preacher - 2016

Permabanned
I was already planning on watching it but if i hadn't then Joseph Gilgun being one of the main characters would have persuaded me.

Wiki info on the comic makes it sound much better than the 1 line IMDb blurb. Plus it has characters with names like 'Arseface' :D

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Trailer looked interesting almost reminded me a bit of banshee accept its good its not just another "cop" job show which just about every US tv show is, if its even half as good as banshee it will succeed.

Associate
Based on the trailer my expectations are through the floor :( It doesn't look like it's based on the comics at all. Hoping that I'm wrong on this.

My boss is very excited about this, but I fear this'll be more Constantine than DareDevil. Just watched the trailer a couple of times, and I've upgraded my expectations a bit. We live in hope. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm, S01E01 was last night.

I didn't know what the hell was going on for a lot of it, but it seems it may be a keeper. Just the right amount of violence, gore and storyline to keep me interested, hopefully gratuious sex will come later. :)

Soldato
Vid blocked in UK...

IIRC, there was a teaser trailer a while back, where Tulip was rather different (though understandable) and Cassidy was neither Irish nor wearing his signature sunglasses - Two big character-defining features unforgivably absent.

Permabanned
Vid blocked in UK...

IIRC, there was a teaser trailer a while back, where Tulip was rather different (though understandable) and Cassidy was neither Irish nor wearing his signature sunglasses - Two big character-defining features unforgivably absent.

Cass is Irish and Tulip is different but plays a very good part none the less. Cass wears glasses quite a bit but his eyes are normal

Back
Top Bottom