US: Preacher - 2016

Permabanned
"Tom Cruise is dead" :D

Thoroughly enjoyed that episode, although i would be a bit confused if i hadn't already looked up the main characters.

Soldato
Damn some accents are irritating :(.

Quite enjoyed it. Good fight scenes but will have to watch a couple more before deciding if I'll bother. It didn't really keep my attention, could be because it was a character introducing episode.

Associate
It was great. Captures the tone of the graphic novel.

Anyone know what the "Back In Africa" scene was about? Two explorer guys in old British colonial adventurer clothes walking by then it cuts scene.

It was the same guys at the very end, they were looking for the space entity.

I didn't enjoy this at all, just found it boring. And why did the vampire guy get burned by the sun at the end but not when he was lying in the field in a mess?

Associate
It was great. Captures the tone of the graphic novel.

Anyone know what the "Back In Africa" scene was about? Two explorer guys in old British colonial adventurer clothes walking by then it cuts scene.

Could be "The Grail" an illuminati type organisation , or Angels from heaven) after Genesis , the entity that entered Jesse. Depends how close they stick to the comics and so far theres been some significant differences. The comic rapidly gets the back story and exposition out the way , wheras the series looks to be taking a different path.

But it definately gets the tone and the Cassidy bloke is bang on, brilliant so far.

Last edited:
Associate
Loved the pilot (although I wish I'd waited to watch it so the gap until the next episode didn't feel so large), even if they haven't stuck to the details 100% they've most certainly caught the spirit of the comic.

Back
Top Bottom