US: Preacher - 2016

Associate
I saw this advertised a while back but never got round to watching it. Now that other series have come to an end (Arrow, Vikings, the 100, etc) may have to find this on Kodi and get it in my favourites to watch when the wife's not around :D

Soldato
Amazingly, episode 2 was just as good as the pilot - that fight with the chainsaw was insane :D

I agree! I think its a very good show judging by the 2 eps we have already seen. Pretty close to the source material and great acting. It gives me a True Blood feeling but a fair bit better.

Soldato
Oh noes it wasn't - just because it wasn't wall to wall manic violence doesn't mean it was "cack".

I thought it was good to slow down a bit, let them catch their breaths and learn a bit about what the hell is going on, I'm sure it will be insane again next week.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh noes it wasn't - just because it wasn't wall to wall manic violence doesn't mean it was "cack".

I thought it was good to slow down a bit, let them catch their breaths and learn a bit about what the hell is going on, I'm sure it will be insane again next week.

Quiet characters episodes in drama can be excellent

This wasn't

Associate
I'm going to carry on giving this a chance however it's already becoming rather insular! It's starting to look like they're going to spend too long in that town.

Caporegime
I'm going to carry on giving this a chance however it's already becoming rather insular! It's starting to look like they're going to spend too long in that town.

yes im already bored of two guys who look quite retarded waiting to catch the thing in him.

needs to pep up and start going somewhere in next few episodes. or it will end up like constantine.

Soldato
Started watching this on Amazon the other night, I'm really enjoying it. It reminds me a little of Todd & The Book of Pure Evil a bit, although that was more heavy on the humour.

Associate
A bit disapointed so far, promising , loved the first episode, but they are clearly turning the earliest bits of the origin story into the whole series and its already starting to drag.

The comic tears through all this very quickly in the first few chapters of gone to texas. Its starting to seem they havent the budget to do it properly , so its getting the Smallville treatment.

That they've barely tried to explain Genesys and maybe wont bother just smells of budget restrictions. No sign of The Grail and all that.

But could be wrong and maybe it will really let loose soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom