Precision Radio Controlled Vehicle

Associate
Does anyone know where I'd be able to find a radio controlled vehicle that's designed for slow precision movements rather than speed/play?

Basically like a simplified bomb disposal robot.

Caporegime
Does anyone know where I'd be able to find a radio controlled vehicle that's designed for slow precision movements rather than speed/play?

Basically like a simplified bomb disposal robot.
rock crawler ? they arent like bomb disposal but they are slow with heigh torque for going over obstacle courses or climbing stairs

probably not what your looking for :p

these are cool to

btw if your mega rich you can get RC tanks you can literally stand on whilst they move some weight upto 600kg :p

even some of the cheapo ones have real BB gun turrets, not sure if theyre legal in the UK though

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What's the definition of precision movement in this ? sized robot.

Presumably there's a specific task to consider?

I want to stick a camera on it and be able to navigate a crawlspace. The precision has to be such that I can take reasonably clear photos of the walls and drive in a relatively straight line.

Soldato
Sooo with no idea of your budget or size of crawlspace or ground condition etc

I would hazard a start with a RC flip or stunt car because they rely on skid steer therefore on the spot rotation is available.

Then look at how much camera and lighting you can fix on it.

An example would be a tyco rebound.

Or you could pay someone a few grand for a prebuilt crawlspace robot the size of a dog.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some kind of tracked vehicle or fixed wheels that steer the same way as a tracked vehicle (not sure the name but it’s using levers rather than a steering wheel...seen them on agricultural buggies)

??

edit...just read above post. Skid steer!

Associate
I would also suggest an inspection camera. You can put a 20mm hole through a wall to get closer to where you want then put the camera through. You could easily patch the hole afterwards and you won't even know you've done it.

Surely building surveyors do this sort of work on a regular basis without using any rc equipment?

Soldato
Some kind of tracked vehicle or fixed wheels that steer the same way as a tracked vehicle (not sure the name but it’s using levers rather than a steering wheel...seen them on agricultural buggies, I’m thinking scrub steer but google says no...)

??

It's skid steer.

Soldato
Sooo with no idea of your budget or size of crawlspace or ground condition etc

I would hazard a start with a RC flip or stunt car because they rely on skid steer therefore on the spot rotation is available.

Then look at how much camera and lighting you can fix on it.

An example would be a tyco rebound.

Or you could pay someone a few grand for a prebuilt crawlspace robot the size of a dog.

That's the guts of such a rc car with a camera stuck on it.

Back
Top Bottom