Premier League Fixtures - 16/17th August (Spoilers)

I don't believe Sky are showing less games than before. These are additional games.

They're actually showing a few more games but that's not the point. The idea of stopping 1 provider from having all the rights was to make it fairer on the consumer but the majority of people who were subscribing to Sky for the EPL want to watch all the EPL games possible. By selling some of the rights to Setanta we now have to subscribe to them as well if we want to watch all the games possible. Had Sky had all the rights (or BBC, ITV etc got Setanta's games) then it would have cost less so for the majority of people 1 provider is better than 2.

They're actually showing a few more games but that's not the point. The idea of stopping 1 provider from having all the rights was to make it fairer on the consumer but the majority of people who were subscribing to Sky for the EPL want to watch all the EPL games possible. By selling some of the rights to Setanta we now have to subscribe to them as well if we want to watch all the games possible. Had Sky had all the rights (or BBC, ITV etc got Setanta's games) then it would have cost less so for the majority of people 1 provider is better than 2.

This is exactly how I see it as well - plus i've heard nightmare stories about Setanta's support system so i'm steering well clear.

I'm also looking into SkyHD, so if I want to see all the football with an HD box it's going to be closing in on three figures (we have multiroom as well).

I know quite a few Arsenal fans that think we're going to just walk all over West Brom but I don't think it'll be like that at all.

First of all it's never easy playing anyone on the first day of the season, especially teams that have just been promoted with a point to prove. West Brom are easily the best of the trio promoted too. Secondly no Fabregas, which instantly makes us a much much poorer side. Without him we lack creativity badly, and I don't fancy a Denilson and Ramsey partnership in the middle, they were awful against Twente. And finally, it's an early kick off, which we never seem to do well in.

I'd take a scrappy 1-0.

----------Gomes----------
-Zokora Woody King Bale---
-------Huddlestone--------
---Bentley Jenas Modric------
--------Dos Santos--------
-----------Bent-----------

2-0 spurs coys :) gl rest of you lot

Nasri should be playing on saturday so we might see Walcott Denilson Nasri Eboue in midfield. Pretty week really but should be enough for West Brom, luckily we have a fairly easy first few games. We'll have a full strength defense and attack which should help out too.

-------------Given-------------

Beye--Coloccini--Taylor--Enrique

Gutierrez--Butt--Guthrie--Duff/N'Zogbia

--------Milner---Martins---------

Hope that's our team for Sunday, up front is a bit of a problem with no Owen or Viduka. Milner did more upfront in pre-season than Smith did the whole of last season so I'd risk him.

Nasri should be playing on saturday so we might see Walcott Denilson Nasri Eboue in midfield. Pretty week really but should be enough for West Brom, luckily we have a fairly easy first few games. We'll have a full strength defense and attack which should help out too.

Good good, means I don't have to take Nasri out of my FF team, now Fabregas needs to get fit so I can put him back in instead of Barry :p

Will Nasri be a regular starter? I have him in my fantasy football team but I am a bit concerned he will not be starting most games.

Will Nasri be a regular starter? I have him in my fantasy football team but I am a bit concerned he will not be starting most games.

Well in the CL the other night he had walcott on that wing and eboue on the other so its not garrenteed that nasri will start most games. I think he will be more of a bit part player unless he really eplodes onto the scene.

Looking forward to how the new look younger Boro shapes up against what looks like a really good spurs team this year. Hope you boys do well this year but I also hope Boro thrash you on Saturday with Alves getting 3 :P

Back
Top Bottom