Premier League Manager of the Season 2010/2011

Don
I wasn't questioning your choice, it was just an explanation for this weak squad stuff as I'm 1 of the people that have said it.

It's made for a better Premier League (in domestic terms) but I think it's pretty clear that the standard of the top 4-5 sides in England is not of the same standard as it was 2-3 years ago.

Don
Tbh, I think the standard everywhere outside Spain has dropped. If you think back to the season you won the CL against Chelsea; that season English sides were only beat by other English sides in the CL and even into the next season, Barca were the only non-English side to knock out an English side too.

Soldato
No outstandings this season, fregie it is by default.

Out of everbody else, Mark Hughes probaly stands out... new team, could have easily failed and been scrapping it down at the bottom, given they were over achieving under hodgeson with a fairly average team, and his own personal nightmare at city. Carp ton of injuries in the first half of the season stunted any fluidity, cracked on in the new year well up over mid table.

Man of Honour
it's pretty clear that the standard of the top 4-5 sides in England is not of the same standard as it was 2-3 years ago.

As a Liverpool fan that must be quite concerning surely; 2-3 years ago they were considered a top 4 side, and yet the decline in standard of the top 4 sides has coincided with Liverpool dropping out of the top 4. Implication being that their demise has been even more profound that that of their former rivals - they haven't even been able to tread water in an emptying pool.

Don
As a Liverpool fan that must be quite concerning surely; 2-3 years ago they were considered a top 4 side, and yet the decline in standard of the top 4 sides has coincided with Liverpool dropping out of the top 4. Implication being that their demise has been even more profound that that of their former rivals - they haven't even been able to tread water in an emptying pool.

No **** :p

The drop in standard of the top 4 has also coincided with the improvement from the likes of City and Spurs so it is/was easier to fall out of the top 4 now though. But yea, it was pretty alarming how far and how quickly we fell.

We were in some pretty exceptional circumstances though, which have thankfully changed and the signs are we're starting to climb bak up.

Soldato
For the record those Liverpool fans bleating on about only Chelsea getting more points than Liverpool under Dalglish, you may want to check that again now the season has actually finished ;)

Back
Top Bottom