Premium Bonds - If you post to say how much you've won, please also say how much you have invested.

Capture.jpg

Check February's high value winners https://www.nsandi.com/prize-checker/winners

Somebody won £100k with £2.5k in bonds, purchased Aug 23! Living the dream!

Now I advise everyone to quickly reinvest, clearly new bonds are best.

Edit.

Also Someone £50k on £600. Quick do the lottery.

Last edited:
Somebody won £100k with £2.5k in bonds, purchased Aug 23! Living the dream!

Now I advise everyone to quickly reinvest, clearly new bonds are best.

Edit.

Also Someone £50k on £600. Quick do the lottery.

I saw someone on the list in Cardiff with a bond somewhat close to mine and got excited.

Then I thought.. ****, I what if it's one different to mine.. I'd have been.. Why didn't I buy that slightly faster broadband! :D

I'm never looking again

I'm sure it's all vetted and inspected but ERNIE is just a computer program at the end of the day and it is very possible it is not being fair with the generation of the bond numbers. *cough* Horizon *cough*

Not interested in PB's but i thought i'd let you know what an utter pain they are should you die.

My father in law had around 40k in them and died in December. They are the single worse company to deal with, they are insisting on probate when nobody else has and they estimate 4-6 months till they will pay the funds (we know others who have waited 8 months), possibly longer. So beware, they are honesty awful to deal with should the worse happen, they are slow and fixed in an ancient method of working. I can't believe how long they can take to return money to an estate.

Terrible institution.

Depending on if I win anything this month depends on my next steps. Win something then I'll stick to my guns and pull my bonds out as I need to clear credit card debts that go from being interest free.

Don't win anything then I'll pull it all out, clear my debts then apply for a loan and get myself a new (to me) car. :D

Why are you investing in premium bonds that have a good chance of paying zero percentage back when you have credit cards to pay?

Why are you investing in premium bonds that have a good chance of paying zero percentage back when you have credit cards to pay?
The credit cards are interest free purchase ones so I just spend on those and put what I would have paid into a savings account or into premium bonds. The credit costs me nothing but with a chance of winning some prizes. I know a high rate savings account is better but I like the chance of winning something big!

Looks like I didn't win anything big (no surprise there!) but will see how I did on the smaller prizes in a day or two.

Hello

Its only the 1st feb

My NSI prize checked says the results are not until tomorrow :(
The big prizes have been announced via site/spreadsheet… looks like it’s another month in the rat race.. but next month it be different! Lol

We still have the low end prizes.. hopefully I’ll pick up a few £100s and £50s..

Back
Top Bottom