Premium Bonds - If you post to say how much you've won, please also say how much you have invested.

So £50 on 47K . Grrrrrrr

That makes £75 winnings on the last three draws.

Quick calculation as a higher rate tax payer In easy acesss account 47,000 x 4.7% = 2209 ÷ 12 months x 3 months minus 40% = £331

Oh well the £256 loss has been worth the anticipation of opening up the portal on prize announcement day.

So £50 on 47K . Grrrrrrr

That makes £75 winnings on the last three draws.

Quick calculation as a higher rate tax payer In easy acesss account 47,000 x 4.7% = 2209 ÷ 12 months x 3 months minus 40% = £331

Oh well the £256 loss has been worth the anticipation of opening up the portal on prize announcement day.

You're never going to get a consistent £175-200 per month on this sort of thing.

Depending on which three month period I want to pick from the last year my return is anywhere from 2.8% to 8.8% - it's too short a period to be worth worrying about what the average return is. Over the 11 months since I dumped my money in, i'm at near enough 5% exactly. Next year might be better or worse.

If you want to see a consistent guaranteed return, then Premium Bonds are the wrong investment product for you.

£200 off £55k, better than recent ones

Isn't the max number of bonds allowed 50,000 aka £50k?

What are the odds of winning?21,000 to 1 for every £1 Bond in the monthly prize draw (variable)

What's the annual prize fund rate?4.40%, variable

Will you pay tax?No. All prizes are tax-free.

What's the min. to pay in?£25

What's the max. to pay in?£50,000

Isn't the max number of bonds allowed 50,000 aka £50k?

What are the odds of winning?21,000 to 1 for every £1 Bond in the monthly prize draw (variable)

What's the annual prize fund rate?4.40%, variable

Will you pay tax?No. All prizes are tax-free.

What's the min. to pay in?£25

What's the max. to pay in?£50,000

The obvious answer would be that he's referring to the household figure and between him and his other half, they have £55k total

Edit - or perhaps even more obvious, he made a typo and meant to say £45k or £50k or something :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom