Premium Bonds - If you post to say how much you've won, please also say how much you have invested.

well i checkd last night logging in and nothing so this seems to be a new notification at the moment. wont be able to check untill home later tonight though.
worth keeping an eye out.
im only guessing becuase its taken so long to come though, but i have a feeling its the jack pot fella! i feel it in my Bones!!!, all that fuss over me winning and them getting the camera and makeup crew ready is whats delayed the notification, obviously.

Got my email today.

ARwEdOd.gif

So a little story about Customer Services at Premium Bonds .

Friday last week I wanted to top up to max holdings , £2900 would get me to 50K. I tried this on my phone and it didn't work ( 3 network ) , anyhow I called them and the guy on the phone told me it was a common problem with some network providers . So he tells me he can take my debit card details and half way through the call we get cut off - I'm at work and have to get to a meeting so think nothing of it , it's the 30th of Aug and I still have a day left to get monies in for the October draw .

So on Saturday the 31st I go online to top up to max holdings and it says I'm already at max holdings but the balance is £47,100 not 50k . So I call them again and the operator tells me my account is now blocked out from receiving any more funds and there is nothing they can do today! Obviously I'm now frustrated as it looks like I'm not going to get max holdings now until November so unfortunately I have no option but to make a complaint.

Low and behold the phone wrings on Wednesday morning and it's Barry from customer services who to my surprise can't apologise enough , he said if I paid the funds now he would ensure it was in the October draw and to top it off he even said he would deposit £50 for my inconvenience into my bank account that went in today , probably the best CS experience I've ever had - well done Bazza !

So max holdings on the next draw , I feel this time it's all mine!

Last edited:
I wish to cash-in after the next draw (1st Oct). I guess it's okay to do this at say 08:00 1st Oct, because the draw has taken place much earlier in the morning. High value winners have always been announced by this time, it's just that the smaller value winners don't get announced until the day after, but I guess that those are still part of the draw on 1st (?) So no need to wait until 2nd Oct to cash-in?

I wish to cash-in after the next draw (1st Oct). I guess it's okay to do this at say 08:00 1st Oct, because the draw has taken place much earlier in the morning. High value winners have always been announced by this time, it's just that the smaller value winners don't get announced until the day after, but I guess that those are still part of the draw on 1st (?) So no need to wait until 2nd Oct to cash-in?
For the sake of one day I'd just wait to be sure.

Previously I've not been bothered (done it a week after maybe), but next week I could do with the funds by the Friday. Assuming it takes their worst case 3 days. Doing it on draw day I'd almost certainly be fine, but leaving it until 2nd I may get unlucky and roll into next week... decisions decisions :D
(I think my last cash-in took 2 working days not the 3 they state, but I'm not 100% on that as it was a while ago)

PS - NS&I weren't sure about the specifics either haha. Once I'd got through the rage of trying to deal with another dumb AI answering service. Hence asking here in case anyone had done it on day 1 before :D

Last edited:
I'd like to do it on 1st for safety, but I'm gonna live life on the edge and do it on the 2nd (after small prizes announcement) :D Checked my previous withdrawal and it did take just 2 days, rather than the 3 they state.

The draw actually takes place during the week before the 1st, this allows 'Agent Million' to visit the million pound winners before the results are published. It's also why some some people can receive an extra 'reallocated' prize weeks after the draw because someone sold their bonds bonds at the end of the month, after the draw was made, not knowing they had won a prize, so their prize is voided and given to someone else. So really you could make the transaction 1 second after midnight on the 1st and you would be ok. Best thing is to fill in their online 'sell after the next draw option' if you have an online account.

The draw actually takes place during the week before the 1st, this allows 'Agent Million' to visit the million pound winners before the results are published. It's also why some some people can receive an extra 'reallocated' prize weeks after the draw because someone sold their bonds bonds at the end of the month, after the draw was made, not knowing they had won a prize, so their prize is voided and given to someone else. So really you could make the transaction 1 second after midnight on the 1st and you would be ok. Best thing is to fill in their online 'sell after the next draw option' if you have an online account.
Bum you just spoiled my anticipation by a few days, So what yiur saying is Monday ill have a knock on the door ?

Back
Top Bottom