Prime hydration

Man of Honour
Associate
Why do people keep calling it a sugar drink when it only contains 20 calories :)
Have you tried one?

It doesn't have much sugar in it but it's got a lot of sucralose which makes it taste like liquid candy floss, so most people just assume it's full of sugar as that's what it tastes like

Associate
The people who mentioned SunnyD are spot on, I remember pestering my parents for it every time we were in a Tesco's etc as a child. Now granted it didn't cost £10+ but my God that stuff was addictive.

My local newsagents is selling prime for £11 and apparently has sold hundreds of them (buys them at 5 a pop though apparently) so the whole supply chain is a racket for it.

Soldato
Full fat coke has zero fat in it yet it's still what it gets called, similar to this basically sugar free drink being called sugar water.

That was my point.

Your comment didn't really read like that though, and 'full fat' has been used to jokingly refer to quite a lot of things which clearly don't have fat in them, such a M cars and petrol back in the day when leaded was a thing.

However, plenty of people do in fact think that Prime Hydrate contains sugar, which isn't totally surprising and quite a few of its competitors (unless buying the diet version) are laden with the stuff.

Man of Honour
Is this safe for kids to drink or is it loaded with e numbers etc?

The drinks also include sweeteners in the form of sucralose. This is a calorie-free sweetener and is identified in the ingredients as the E number, E955
  • Filtered Water
  • Coconut Water from Concentrate
  • Citric Acid
  • Dipotassium Phosphate
  • Tri Magnesium Citrate
  • Natural Flavor
  • Sucralose
  • Beta Carotene for Color
  • L-Isoleucine
  • L-Leucine
  • L-Valine
  • D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
  • Acesulfame Potassium
  • Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin a)
  • Zinc Aspartate
  • Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6)
  • Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B-12)

Back
Top Bottom