Prime hydration

I find it incredibly sad people look up to KSI and LP [and the likes]. I get finding them entertaining or whatever but actually essentially worshipping them as role models.......
Anyone who wants to copy celebrities are sad. That’s anything from hairstyles to naming their children after them or the celeb’s children.

you know something is not right when this prime drink costs more than whisky
Or champagne. That US import grape flavour one in one of the photos in this thread is £22 for 500ml. A £33 bottle (75cl) of champagne is the same price per litre as Grape Prime.

Or can get 6 bottles of reasonable Prosecco at Sainsburys - currently 25% off 6+ bottles of wine.

Prime or Prosecco? No brainer.

Not overly keen on champagne

This prime stuff must be some sort of fad like binley mega chippy was. I drive past it these days and it's dead. Fad passes over then prime will be at 50p a bottle
I remember seeing that on the news and they were interviewing parents who had driven 3 hours to get there because that's what their teenage children wanted.

Another WTF moment.

Found it:

Last edited:
haha, so the reason the parents pay so much or drive hours to a chippy is just as much so they can post about it on facebook etc rather than to please their kids?!

If you're that wired on caffeine that you're crashing your car, then yeah perhaps you shouldn't be driving, but the popo aren't going to be pulling people over for having an energy drink and then driving lol Do they even have the means to test your caffeine levels ? :cry:
Probably a blood test back at the cop shop, just as they would if they suspected you of having taken drugs.

Is Prime really any different than Sunny D though and that was really really bad for you that iirc they had to change the recipe? In the mid 90's everyone was fighting for it like Prime now so people were just as bad back then.

It's pretty much just coconut water with a few added vitamins/minerals and BCAA's, as a hydration type drink it's not the worst on the market. Regardless, it's certainly not worth the sort of money people are paying for it. I might consider picking one up in passing as part of a Tesco lunch/meal deal at best, any parent spending silly money on these for their kids needs therapy.

Last edited:
My boy is ten. I am trying to bring him up the right way and that to me involves responsibility. He has his own debit card where we put his Birthday, Christmas and pocket money into. We also live in a village. He came home from school a couple of weeks ago saying the local shop had Prime and could be buy some. I said, yeah of course, as long as it is not too expensive. This is where our ideas of what expensive means differs.

He came back from the shop with his friend and three bottles of Prime and gave me one of them, they had the other two, one each. It was ok, nothing special. They loved it. I then asked him how much he spent.

Thirty six ******* pounds! :eek:

I think one thing I always learned as a kid was what else you could have spent the money on. He might enjoy the drink but it'll last all of what half an hour for the sake of £36. He could have put that towards a game or something for many many hours of enjoyment.

Frankly I think KSI/LP should be shamed into pleading with children not to pay more than £X whatever the original price was (assuming this wasn't £11 - if it was then they deserve to be dragged over the coals for it).

Frankly I think KSI/LP should be shamed into pleading with children not to pay more than £X whatever the original price was (assuming this wasn't £11 - if it was then they deserve to be dragged over the coals for it).
It's £2 RRP. Shocking that people pay more.

Sorry, there is insufficient stock for your cart.

Back
Top Bottom