Prime hydration

Man of Honour
It was a bit of column A a bit of column B

Logan Paul and KSI released an energy drink with crazy amounts of energy drink stuff but also released a sports drink at the same time with the same name/branding so a lot of kids thought they were buying a cool super-Monster when they were actually buying glorified flavoured water.

No they thought they were buying a drink invented by Logan Paul and KSI, they didn't care what was in it.
It was established in the first week it wasn't an energy drink so parents had no need to worry.
The ones in the cans were the energy drinks and I never saw one kid with one of those, they went mad over the plastic bottles.

Caporegime
If I see a bottle for under 50p I'll try it.
If it tastes like cack I'll be even more surprised at how it got so hyped.

Associate
We went to panto with the kids, during the "get random kids on stage" part they asked them what santa was bringing for them this year, one lads, (7 or 8) answer was "all the flavours of Prime"

At that point I'd not heard of it and looked it up afterwards, they were going for stupid amounts of money, what a sad Christmas memory that will be in 20yrs time

Last edited:
Soldato
they have millions and millions of kids following them on youtube, social media etc , I couldnt believe what kids were paying for these drinks

Last edited:
Caporegime
because you're not a child, I'd never heard of them until it came out but millions upon millions of followers around the World had heard of them.

I suppose as I don't have kids I don't hear about it by proxy either.

It is amazing really how you can tailor your Internet experience so strongly that even really popular stuff can be avoided.

I mean we all know it. And echo chambers are dangerous but it's still impressive/scary

Man of Honour
because you're not a child, I'd never heard of them until it came out but millions upon millions of followers around the World had heard of them.
Don't worry, this is the standard 413x experience. Come in hot with a totally naval gazing post that somehow includes a reference to not having kids.

:edit: lol?!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Don't worry, this is the standard 413x experience. Come in hot with a totally naval gazing post that somehow includes a reference to not having kids.

:edit: lol?!
I didn't bring up kids.
It. Makes sense why that's why I don't know who those influences are

Last edited:
Soldato
I saw a tiktok (don't hurt me) by some PT guy who is apparently semi well known saying that prime is crap because there's very little salt, no sugar and loads of potassium, this making it terrible for dehydration....never tried the stuff myself but for 30p, if I can find a bottle I'll give it ago as that's cheaper that most things on the shelves these days

Derek from More Plates on YouTube had a detailed breakdown of Prime and came to a similar conclusion. For extreme exercise there absolutely are sports drinks which can be be beneficial for dehydration over simply drinking water, Prime isn't it.

Edit to include the video in question:

There's a few follow up videos, but this is a decent breakdown of the product.

TLDR: A proper rehydration drink is going to taste like ass due to the salts involved, Prime is aimed at kids and as such lacks the things it needs in favour of making it taste as appealing as possible.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried one this morning as was same price as a redbull before the carboot. energy can, tropical punch I believe. Have to say was really nice, in comparison to other energy drinks anyway. I was sure it was a full sugar one when drinking, but just checked online and is zero sugar.

Back
Top Bottom