Prime hydration

Soldato
The Prime craze in my sons school is dying now. In January we woke up early one morning to get to Asda for opening time at 7am. We arrived at 06:45 and there was already a queue. The queue was pointless as when door opened it was whoever was the fastest runner to get to the back of the store, got the few that were on sale [limited to 3 bottles per customer]
Good clean fun tbf.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I remember when it was shag bands and yoyos we all wanted. My boys are 4 and 18 months so no worries about this kind of nonsense yet and the teenager (17) doesn't seem to be interested in this stuff which is odd becasue she's a proper loser.

I've worked since I was 13 and if I wanted something I went out and earnt it whatever it was. I'll encourage the boys to do the same. When they realise how it feels to part with their own money for the equivalent of hype and street cred hopefully they'll learn the same lessons I did.

Associate
Friends and family that have been over in the last few months have all asked us if they can get it here and taken some back for kids. It's in the local supermarket.

I tried it to see what all the fuss was about and the closest thing I describe it as is liquefied candy floss it's disgustingly sweet

Local supermarket from a couple of weeks ago. I did look at shipping costs and it's around $150 for a decent sized box

Last edited:
Soldato
Asked my lad about this Prime water a month or 2 back as I know he watches or at least watched the Sidemen (which ksi is part of), laughed and said he wished he got some as idiots were paying well over the odds for it.

As to the hype it's the usual scummy behaviour of certain social media personalities praying on their young audience.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Don't people remember the fads back when we were young? Slap Bracelets, Reebok pumps, Pogs/Tazos etc.

For me you "had" to have kickers shoes for secondary school...I don't even remember why or where that came from. Mum clearly indulged me there (or maybe they just didn't know when I was picking shoes)

I definitely know that parents back then (mine anyway) weren't going OTT though - queuing at 6:45 a.m outside shops to get something their kids were demanding seems ridiculous to me...what are you teaching kids by doing this?

Last edited:
Associate
Is anyone else being tortured by their children about this stuff?
A few weeks ago, yes. Thankfully it's more or less died off now. I didn't know what it was at first, or the cost. Much to my resentment, the Mrs buys them cheepo knockoff crap from B&M.
Brought back? It didn't go anywhere.
It did up here. The rabid leftie loonies (the SNP) made it unlawful a couple of years ago.

Soldato
The Prime craze in my sons school is dying now. In October we woke up early one morning to get to Asda for opening time at 7am. We arrived at 06:45 and there was already a queue. The queue was pointless as when the door opened it was whoever was the fastest runner to get to the back of the store, got the few that were on sale [limited to 3 bottles per customer]

The workers there we looking around at us like we were crazy :D
That’s actually so sad.

Man of Honour
Capitalism for you.
I think the problem is consumerism rather than capitalism, a relatively subtle distinction for sure but a distinction nonetheless. You can have a capitalism adjacent culture just fine, as long as you don't simultaneously abandon the basis of its moral values. Unfortunately that horse has very much bolted for most and all that's left is consumerism.

Back
Top Bottom