Prime hydration

Man of Honour
From a rough glance it looks like the product is essentially the same as popping 4 Phizz tablets give or take (which isn't recommended) and probably similar taste formulation... for the price of one bottle of Prime you get a months supply of Phizz.

Soldato
Weird how its always these little corner shops that have stock available, wonder where they get it from.

If they really want it, let them buy it using pocket money. A few weeks of chores to buy one sugary drink should teach them a good life lesson.

Man of Honour
My kids only drink water. If ever they want anything else they basically know the answer so they don't ask anymore! Then again we tend to only drink water in the house, we've never been a fan of fizzy drinks anyway. Fortunately the kids don't like them either.

They do get fresh fruit juices when we go to a restaurant or visit the grandparents as a treat.

Personally i don't understand the attraction or interest. I've never been swayed by "what everyone else wants" but I guess I'm too stubborn. I mean you can get coconut water a lot more cheaply and doesn't have the sugar content.

Not sure why so many people have their decisions swayed by social media or advertising - I mean we're all susceptible to it based on our beliefs and interests to a certain degree, but being able to say "no" isn't that hard surely?!

Man of Honour
I think the problem is consumerism rather than capitalism, a relatively subtle distinction for sure but a distinction nonetheless. You can have a capitalism adjacent culture just fine, as long as you don't simultaneously abandon the basis of its moral values. Unfortunately that horse has very much bolted for most and all that's left is consumerism.

100%

People don't know how to say no anymore and feel somehow obliged to have the latest "thing" which in actual fact brings 0 value to your life.

People are forgetting to cherish the simple things in life, like spending time together and actually engaging with stories and imagination.

We've made a concerted effort to be less wasteful in our behaviours. I mean heck just going to the tip you see the thousands and thousands of things being thrown away every day it's quite astonishing.

We seem to be in a world where we live by the second rather than savouring the minutes.

Soldato
I understand getting swept up by certain trends but this one is lost on me. As a kid my mam queued to buy me Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles toys one hectic Christmas.. That meant I had a cool toy that lasted.

This on the other hand I'd pee out within a few hours.

Most kids probably just carry the bottle with Robinsons fruit juice in it lol.

Caporegime
Lol at you clowns, this isn't a drink. I bought a case of 12 a while back for £132 (£11 each) and sold them for £11.99 each. I stood outside a school and couldn't hand them out fast enough, the kids were all over them.

I made £11.88 for 5 hours work that morning, a healthy return on my investment.

I have an investment advisor who's full of gold nuggets like this, you should try him out. You can find him at:

Psychosonnyinvestmenttricks.com

Thank me later.

Soldato
i never understood why kids are so bloody fascinated over a drink, which tastes of cheap n nasty squash? My friend who has a 11 year old daughter, took a sip of Prime in the green bottle - not impressed at all. Lucozade Sport is miles better she says.

They say kids are wanting the bottles. Yet my fellow litter wombles have picked numerous bottles on picks.

Heard if Prime Energy (in cans) comes on sale in the UK, it will be sold to over 18s as contains almost double the caffeine as Red Bull. Prime Energy is sold in 355ml and has 200mg caffeine. Whereas Red Bull (medium can) 114mg caffeine.

Soldato
Personally i don't understand the attraction or interest. I've never been swayed by "what everyone else wants" but I guess I'm too stubborn. I mean you can get coconut water a lot more cheaply and doesn't have the sugar content.

Not sure why so many people have their decisions swayed by social media or advertising - I mean we're all susceptible to it based on our beliefs and interests to a certain degree, but being able to say "no" isn't that hard surely?!

I remember when I was growing up if I'd asked for a more expensive pair of trainers I was usually given the line to encourage suicide :eek:

Would you jump off a cliff if your friends all were :cry:

I guess these days that would probably be reported as child abuse or something though. it's a good counter argument to the fear of missing out mentality that seems to be pushed on this generation.

Caporegime
i never understood why kids are so bloody fascinated over a drink, which tastes of cheap n nasty squash?

Then you don't understand marketing, the bottle could contain minced kittens and the kids would buy it, or they could've marketed cans of tuna and the kids would've loved it. This isn't a product scenario, it's a marketing scenario.

Caporegime
My kids only drink water. If ever they want anything else they basically know the answer so they don't ask anymore! Then again we tend to only drink water in the house, we've never been a fan of fizzy drinks anyway. Fortunately the kids don't like them either.

They do get fresh fruit juices when we go to a restaurant or visit the grandparents as a treat.

Sadly it is hard for the masses to say no, hence why a thousand products of the same thing exist and adverts everywhere constantly. The masses seem to think its the pinnacle of keeping their children happy. I've seen my family alone in serious debt from Christmas just to make their kids 'happy'. My nephew had over a £1000 spent on fortinte skins in a year, he was 8. Makes me quite upset, that money could've been used to provide a better future.

I wonder how much is spent on this disposable crap and how many people struggled with heating over the winter.

Man of Honour
I remember when I was growing up if I'd asked for a more expensive pair of trainers I was usually given the line to encourage suicide :eek:

Would you jump off a cliff if your friends all were :cry:

I guess these days that would probably be reported as child abuse or something though. it's a good counter argument to the fear of missing out mentality that seems to be pushed on this generation.

My parents were quite strict despite our Mediterranean roots, I got over it though and ended up not caring in the slightest. I'm kinda glad my parents didn't spoil me with material things. We went on holidays instead and spent time together. That was more valuable and something I'm trying to replicate with my kids.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom