Prince Andrew not served papers as they were handed to his police security.

Permabanned
Well Chris, as we ageing hipsters are prone to say, I can see where you’re coming from.
I’ve made no secret of the fact that for the longest time I drove a Black Cab, nor that I feel that the female sex is the greatest invention since the wheel.
I hate to rain on your parade, mais hélas, I wasn’t in that film, incognito or otherwise.
I haven’t seen it, but I understand it be portraying virile working class taxi drivers to be making “the milkman” look like an amateur when it comes to nailing promiscuous young women.
Although I was no shrinking violet and on rare occasions, after some well dressed 30 something attractive woman had initiated a conversation, (a thing I never did), with subtle flirting overtones, I would suggest meeting for a glass of wine or perhaps dinner, and from there it went where it may, I never to my recall picked up a short skirted scrubber who suggested that we pull into an abandoned factory to discuss world affairs in the back seat.
In short, while I was never averse to sharing a table with an attractive intelligent woman, chasing 20 y.o. nymphomaniacs held less allure.

In hindsight I would be lying to say I was always as fickle and choosy as your goodself. I remember my then business partner telling me I looked terrible and stank of booze. I told him I had enjoyed a night on the tiles so he asked what she was like and I think I said something along the lines of, "She was deliciously common, and sexually demanding to the point of insatiability". ;) Those were the days, when sex was pretty safe, medically and legally, and fighting involved fists, not knives and guns.

Man of Honour
In hindsight I would be lying to say I was always as fickle and choosy as your goodself. I remember my then business partner telling me I looked terrible and stank of booze. I told him I had enjoyed a night on the tiles so he asked what she was like and I think I said something along the lines of, "She was deliciously common, and sexually demanding to the point of insatiability". ;) Those were the days, when sex was pretty safe, medically and legally, and fighting involved fists, not knives and guns.

Nothing wrong with smelling of booze, particularly it’s of vintage champagne or top shelf Armagnac, unless of course you are lowering your window to speak with a member of the constabulary who has requested you to stop.
Whether you went for ladies that lunch or the “local bike”, I am proud to share the same planet as your good self Chris, but I feel that our reminiscing has taken the thread off track and it might be advisable to get back on thread, or risk the wrath of the mods, J.F. ;)

Man of Honour
do you have any your beloved white prince isn't a paedo according to the laws he would have been held to in a court ? SO that's a no. People like you are what is actually wrong with the UK, but you seem to think that you are on of the good guys, it would be a comedy if it wasn't so tragic.

That's another one for the list

Loathe as I am to interrupt a private disagreement, but on the assumption that the “beloved white prince” is Prince Andrew, then from where I stand, as much as I personally have no time for him, he’s not been accused of anything that comes under the heading of paedophilic as I understand it.
A paedophile as I understand it, has a sexual interest in children up to around 11 years of age.
At 40, Prince Andrew’s alleged sexual encounter with a 17 y.o. might be distasteful and less than wise, but it doesn’t constitute describing him as having paedophilic tendencies.

Caporegime
will virginia be starting a civil case against them too, or conversely them making civil defamation claims against her,
ghisaline wan't convicted of trafficking girls to anyone other than epstein himself was she, why not - is that pending if her retrial is denied, and, she then makes a plea claim that might implicate others.
If virginias legal is being financed by others, it seems surprising they don't want the complicity exposed too, create the precedent.

Also the small matter of one of the other witnesses alleging that Virginia was involved in trafficking her, as an adult!

As pointed out before Virginia was both a victim and later (allegedly) a co-conspirator.

Andrew should have known better tbh... massive lack of judgment though as far as the UK allegation is concerned he doesn't appear to have broken the law (I know one poster was ranting about this but, unsurprisingly, still hasn't been able to clarify what law Andrew had broken and why).

He might well have broken US law(s) through and was plausibly likely to be found liable for damages in a civil trial. That Virginia has made a hash of recalling factual information and has been implicated herself in assisting Epstein's activities might well have been reason enough for her to want to settle too rather than go to trial.

Caporegime
People pay out of court all the time. Not worth the risk to your reputation (lol), family (the "firm"), or business interests. He'd be terrible on the stand.

In terms of reputational risk, in the eyes of the public if you settle you're considered guilty, it's generally the worst thing you can do if you want to look innocent. At least a judgement against you can be spinned as an miscarriage of justice. I and most other people I imagine would rather go bankrupt than settle a rape case.

Associate
Personally I doubt this was his decision.

The court case would bring a lot or shame and bad publicity to the Queen's door so an out of court settlement was inevitable.

Virginia lost credibility to though as she insisted it wasn't about the money and she wanted her day in court.

If it did go to court and she won then the idiot was very much open to being charged for rape of a minor, wouldn't that have been fun.

Alice if I arrived at a sex club these days they would probably assume I'd come to check the fire doors, or was lost, not to check out the talent ;) But even as a young man such places held no interest to me. I heard and felt enough swishes of the cane at school! Perhaps we could try something more sedate like naked croquet??

I am reminded of a strange girl that used to come into the beer garden at my (imaginary...) pub and always came to chat and say hello to the dogs. One night she sat down and said "This morning I woke up and felt like a man". I knew what she meant as she was very masculine and probably a lesbian. But feeling mischievous I told her she'd have to hang on whilst I went home for my blue pills and even then allow them time to work, but I'd give it my best shot. She left me alone after that... :)
:cry::cry::cry:

Caporegime
If it did go to court and she won then the idiot was very much open to being charged for rape of a minor, wouldn't that have been fun.

That isn't the case, judgements made in a civil court can't be used as evidence in a criminal court because they have different standards of guilt, "on the balance of probabilities" vs "beyond reasonable doubt".

Soldato
It does rather bootstrap a criminal charge - the evidence collected, prosecution strategy, could have been been subsequently deployed/cost-amortized.

Looks like the other family lepers are themselves after a payout from the tabloids with a new libel - netflix doesn't pay well enough.

Back
Top Bottom