Pro Cycling Discussion 2019

Soldato
And the road season is off with the people's choice classic - won by Caleb Ewan from Sagan on an Aluminium bike in a good marketing ploy by Specialized.

TDU currently underway with Stage 1 completed.

Viviani wins it but not yet seen the stage

For me I cannot wait for the classics to start, but first finish CX season and hope for some classic World Champs, although suspect it will be a walkover by VdP in the mens, but the womens race should be brilliant and well fought out if the World Cups are anything to go by.

Soldato
OP
Van Art really that much off the pace for the men's CX? Part of me hopes that's because he's balanced some training towards the road as he was a really good watch in the Classics 2018. Not really watched any CX this year after catching a couple of races last year. Just no time! :(

TDU is normally my first watch back but have a feeling that will be summaries rather than the whole race again (other things to watch with the other half now staying up later means less cycling tv time! Boo!).

WvA is miles off, he didn't even win his nationals at the weekend! But then he did this a couple of years ago and smashed up the Worlds! He has the capability if he can balance his training out. As you say his season feels more balanced towards pushing for the Classics!

I'm the same, will probably catch up with the finishes and watch Wallunga Hill!

Soldato
OP
He's had moments this year, so he is either doing a GB at the Olympics and timing it perfect or the opposition have just stepped it up and he hasn't matched it/gone backwards, hoping the former so there is at least a race, a VdP lights to flag would be boring! As I said though the womens racing this year has been fantastic, and will be definitely worth a watch!

and i've just remembered I won't be here to watch for most of April so will miss Flanders, Paris Roubaix and Amstel Gold :'(

Soldato
OP
Same as always!

The women's u23 was a amazing earlier today really worth a watch!
Pidcock and tullett were just sublime yesterday! Anna kay got a bit of bad luck and went from there as she got a bit desperate to make up the positions, Harriet harden(sp) had another amazing ride considering her age although not as strong a ride as last year still rode well all the way through.

Soldato
OP
CX World's panned out exactly as I/everyone on earth thought it would in terms of the win.
I was seriously gutted for Aerts on that last lap though, how grim was that?!?! :(

He's had a good year, it's how WvA bounces back, sorts his contracts, team etc out or just goes over to the road. Was a real cracking first 20 minutes but the strength just came to the for, would have been interesting to see if WvA was ahead of Aerts and hadn't got held up if he could have held on to MvP wheel for longer. Aerts was so unlucky, but he was right on the limit that last lap. Be interesting to see if Iserbyt and Pidcock move up to Seniors next year.

Soldato
OP
First weekend of proper racing starts this weekend with Omloop Het Niewsblad on Saturday and then Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne Sunday! That will be my weekend filled up by sitting on the sofa!

Soldato
OP
Only saw the eurosport highlights but as above was only gva doing any work it seemed. He's looking strong. Hopefully be a more interesting race today!

Soldato
OP
That wind made it interesting today. Great tide from jungels attacked at the right time as that group lost all energy. Did not expect to see him finish it off though. Chasing peloton looked exhausted throughout except the qs boys doing exactly what they needed to do!

Soldato
OP
My Fiancee understands how they work quite well, she says out of all the sport I watch she prefers cycling the most. (loon) She can just never remember what they're called when I ask her everytime the spring classics start what they're called.

Yesterdays stage was even better than the first one! More of the same today.

Soldato
OP
1 Second for Yates, that is unlucky! Tirreno was pretty interesting as well should be agood season of racing in the GT's hopefully.

Ineos confirmed from 1st May, so in place for the GT's! Good they've been saved but potentially even more money to support them than Sky, presume not a lot will change.

Soldato
OP
Thomas De Gendt! What an absolute animal! Won today by over 3 minutes in Catalunya! Chase dropped off with about 7 km to go realising they weren't catching him but even so. Insane!

Soldato
OP
It was absolutely mental. They were actively chasing with a strung out bunch for so long and they just were not gaining on him at all. I've never seen something as extreme as that in recent cycling!
One thing is for sure now though. Thomas isn't going to be in any more breaks in Catalunya :p

When it jumped out by 20 seconds and the commentators just thought the transponders were broke was hilarious! Fair play to the Bora guy for getting a few seconds off the bunch too! Wonder how many days he'll keep the jersey think tomorrow and Thursday are the lumpy days.

Weighted average of 362W https://www.strava.com/activities/2240488536

On another note I love the colour scheme of the EF Cannondales!

Back
Top Bottom