Pro Cycling Discussion 2019

Soldato
Another great finish today!

I'm hoping wee Remco gets away and stays away tomorrow to get my bet up.

British roads just destroy races, it's pretty good to watch.

Soldato
Another great finish today!

I'm hoping wee Remco gets away and stays away tomorrow to get my bet up.

British roads just destroy races, it's pretty good to watch.
I've not seen the Juniors but someone said it's worth a watch?! No highlights and with the Rugby on I don't think I have the time to watch the whole thing. Maybe the last 50km is enough? Wasn't it a late breakaway that got caught?

Only had time for the highlights but Men's race was very interesting and very attritional with that circuit, Peloton was decimated! Gutted for VdP after looking so strong, even more so for Trentin after Moscon put such a huge amount of effort in. Really surprised to see him sitting up and not having the sprint after the easier ride he had and the form he's been in. Don't remember even seeing Remco mentioned!? :o

Soldato
@Shamrock and I rode up to Leeds from London (via Wales). After three days riding in the rain we ended up watching it on our phones in Leeds station instead of getting to Harrogate :(

Brutal conditions. Really surprising to see MVDP pop like that.

Associate
I did the sportive on Sunday, two hours of sun and then four of heavy rain. I've never poured water out of my shoes at food stops before. It would have been grim if not for the shared pain of everyone else. At least it wasn't too cold, and the lightning that was forecast didn't materialise.

I rode over to Harrogate for a couple of hours to watch the TT on Wednesday and managed to miss the rain, it was the only dry ride of my trip up!

Soldato
@Shamrock and I rode up to Leeds from London (via Wales). After three days riding in the rain we ended up watching it on our phones in Leeds station instead of getting to Harrogate :(

Brutal conditions. Really surprising to see MVDP pop like that.

My mates cycled to Harrogate from 20 miles North of Inverness...... then watched it in a pub! I'll go to the grave with the awesome memory of that one time I refused to pedal with my mates to Yorkshire to watch a World Champs. Best decision of my life!
It's Yorkshire. Even worse, it's Yorkshire not in June. So was always nailed on to be absolutely dreadful.

Soldato
OP
Bit late to the party but finally got round to watching the finish to the world's. Watched about last 50km! Brilliant racing and what an effort right at the end. Great seeing these guys absolutely on their knees! Proper course and proper Yorkshire weather...

Soldato
OP
Cav confirmed to Bahrain Merida for next year, back with Rod! Hopefully it will bring him some wins. I wonder if it has come with a guaranteed ride at Le Tour.

@#Chri5# saw a brief overview, it looks absolutely terrifying and a real struggle for days on end! Same as TdF. Definitely looks a million times better than this years Giro!

Soldato
Awaiting UCI tweet confirming something is 1.3mm outwith some BS measurement to enable them to banhammer it.

Also INB4 Huub Wattbike lads go faster on their Argons anyway.

Soldato
OP
You'd think so but I suspect the legal capabilities of the people involved would far outdo anything the UCI have so will no doubt be approved and then moaned about by all other nations.

Soldato
You'd think so but I suspect the legal capabilities of the people involved would far outdo anything the UCI have so will no doubt be approved and then moaned about by all other nations.

It'll be approved for now - until they change the rules to ban it.

Are they expecting rough tracks? Could eaily fit some chunky 28 tyres in that :D

Soldato
It's all about the gravel these days. Could easily be a gravel specific track bike and utter morons would certainly buy it! :p

Soldato
Smoke and mirrors. All the other countries will dedicate time to developing a bike like that. Then the actual GB one will be a total opposite... or will it?! ;)

Listening to a podcast today. All the GB advantage came from the skin suit allegedly!...

Back
Top Bottom