Pro Cycling Discussion 2019

Soldato
Impressive win. Rode the technical section (cross slope muddy bit onto tarmac) every lap from what I saw where most people dabbed a foot or occasionally ran.

Soldato
He's had a good year, it's how WvA bounces back, sorts his contracts, team etc out or just goes over to the road. Was a real cracking first 20 minutes but the strength just came to the for, would have been interesting to see if WvA was ahead of Aerts and hadn't got held up if he could have held on to MvP wheel for longer. Aerts was so unlucky, but he was right on the limit that last lap. Be interesting to see if Iserbyt and Pidcock move up to Seniors next year.

I've seen a quote (which I believe came from Tom Pidcock) that he was moving to Seniors next year for for a new challenge.

Soldato
Can't remember where I commented about Froome was riding over in Colombia with Bernal. Got it wrong as didn't think he/they where riding the Tour of Colombia!

https://www.strava.com/activities/2147696569 - he is! Check that avg & altitude, amazing training :o

Although sounds like some riders suffer the usual 'problems' with food/water in south america lol

Also spotted Brailsford & Portal now with Strava accounts. Think that's gotta be some kinda PR idea - pushing their riding and faces out there onto a 'public' sports/social media platform. Quite clever and interesting to see inside the Sky 'bubble' a little. Hearts & minds.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't remember where I commented about Froome was riding over in Colombia with Bernal. Got it wrong as didn't think he/they where riding the Tour of Colombia!

https://www.strava.com/activities/2147696569 - he is! Check that avg & altitude, amazing training :o

Although sounds like some riders suffer the usual 'problems' with food/water in south america lol

Also spotted Brailsford & Portal now with Strava accounts. Think that's gotta be some kinda PR idea - pushing their riding and faces out there onto a 'public' sports/social media platform. Quite clever and interesting to see inside the Sky 'bubble' a little. Hearts & minds.

Maybe Brailsford can Strava his trip to the Super Bowl while his former team doctor faces a misconduct hearing...

Soldato
Young lad who i used to ride with just came 4th in the Melbourne to Warrnambool!!! 260km Aussie classic, second oldest race in the world after Leige!

He must be an U19 still as he was finishing boarding at school & used to show up before school to ride & even then was hammering it with the best guys.

Soldato
OP
First weekend of proper racing starts this weekend with Omloop Het Niewsblad on Saturday and then Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne Sunday! That will be my weekend filled up by sitting on the sofa!

Soldato
First weekend of proper racing starts this weekend with Omloop Het Niewsblad on Saturday and then Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne Sunday! That will be my weekend filled up by sitting on the sofa!

The timing couldn't be better. Mrs Chris is away for a girls weekend and I've got a bike build to get on with in the man cave :cool:

Will get good value from my 1p Eurosport (through Prime) this weekend!

Soldato
I've been counting down the days since October and we are finally here. Best racing of the entire season for the next couple of months. Awesome.

Soldato
Oss looked like he was only mouth breathing today. Maybe riding into top form to help Sagan at Roubaix, he was only dropped on the super steep cobbles.

The winning move was easy to call, GVA had been shutting everything down maybe doing too much work but good on him calling the others out, not chasing Stybar and then winning the sprint for second.

Soldato
OP
Only saw the eurosport highlights but as above was only gva doing any work it seemed. He's looking strong. Hopefully be a more interesting race today!

Back
Top Bottom