Pro Cycling Thread 2023

I was actually surprised to see Vingegaard take so much time yesterday. He must have gone pretty hard. I was expecting the differences to be made on the longer climbs with Pog being stronger on the short stuff.

Wonder if Cav will want to do that. Thought he was retiring completely, not just his last TdF. As this year has proven, all it takes is bad luck for that record to be out of reach again in a second. Another year of hard work down the drain and at his age he should probably just call it a day.

Strange to watch with no spectators on the finish. Great ride by Woods paced it perfectly. Feel for jorgenson coming 4th in a race of 1 with 2k to go!

Pog clawing back some more seconds, vingegaard looks like he needs a reset and few days off. Would have thought today's steep gradients should suit him, but seems to need that extra altitude that the third week should bring. Been an exciting first week and good to see a breakaway get it today.

Great to see Kwiato get a win as he has been rather anonymous for the past season or two which is a shame for such a good rider
Yep. One of my favourite riders, thoroughly deserved. Good to see pidcock best of the rest too. strange stage that one. Really don't know how to read it, potentially Pog showing some weakness as he doesn't believe he can go for the kill if he has the tiredness in his legs. Gonna be interesting to see what happens over the next 2 days.

Yep. One of my favourite riders, thoroughly deserved. Good to see pidcock best of the rest too. strange stage that one. Really don't know how to read it, potentially Pog showing some weakness as he doesn't believe he can go for the kill if he has the tiredness in his legs. Gonna be interesting to see what happens over the next 2 days.
Or, is POG just confident he can slowly chip away at GC lead and possibly deliver a single killer blow to gap on one of the remaining stages?

Agree though, a bit strange as POG had so much support up front today from his team vs what Jumbo had up front you thought that it could have been a good chance to do something to get POG further in the lead, but they just left it too late.

Back
Top Bottom