Project Cars 2 is en route :D

Soldato
The thing with Jimmy and Gamermuscle is that they're both using direct drive wheels, when most of us aren't.

Personally, I'm still waiting for a reputable review from an experienced sim racer who uses equipment that the majority of us can relate to in order get a better idea of how relatively decent the FFB is.
I think ISR have an in-depth review due in a few days FWIW.

Associate
Why not just use the Steam 2 hour trial and try it for yourself? I don't get this youtube review thing to be honest...I find most of them annoying...

And unboxing videos, wtf is that all about?

I'm getting old, I sound like my Dad.

Permabanned
With all due respect to Broadbent and GamerMuscle they aren't the most clued up of sim racers and thus I don't really value their opinions too highly. They say the FFB is good with direct drive wheels but other people have tried it with a direct drive wheel at last weekends Sim Expo and reported the FFB is poor relative to proper sims such as iRacing, rFactor 2 which seems far more likely based on my experiences with pCars 1.

I'll be ignoring all the reviews and try it for myself via the 2 hour steam trial. I don't have particularly high hopes though given the devs history and the countless issues that pCars had, many of which were never mentioned in the initial reviews.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's a good idea and I hope it's well implemented and supported but I have Iracing for online racing so Project cars is a single player game for me.

Same here, no way it's going to come close to iRacings online although I do appreciate that they are at least making attempts to clean up the standard of racing.

Sadly the main problem is going to be that 95% of its player base use joypads and racing against joypad users is pretty much always a horrific experience.

Have they said anything about improving the netcode ?

Back
Top Bottom