Project Cars 2 is en route :D

Soldato
Same here, no way it's going to come close to iRacings online although I do appreciate that they are at least making attempts to clean up the standard of racing.

Sadly the main problem is going to be that 95% of its player base use joypads and racing against joypad users is pretty much always a horrific experience.

Yep so you end up with two tiers of users unless you either gimp wheel users or buff pad users.

Soldato
Ian Bell is currently doing a live stream. It has everything in it and it's amazing. Pit girls, gay best friends, the Irish troubles, 7 Ferraris and fish and chips in Australia.

Soldato
Quite an entertaining interview, although it's more of a uncensored chat with Ian half wasted on wine :D

He says the physics are superior to AC. I hope he's right, because I really want to like this.

Soldato
Am I the only one who hates the way he talks..... Closing off sentences with a high toned voice lol. That really gets to me

Edit - sorry mixed up with Andy Tudor

Last edited:
Permabanned
Quite an entertaining interview, although it's more of a uncensored chat with Ian half wasted on wine :D

He says the physics are superior to AC. I hope he's right, because I really want to like this.

I hope he's right but Ian Bell say's a lot of things. He's got a bit of a reputation for chatting wham going all the way back to GTR2.

Soldato
Yeah, I caught more than a whiff of BS when he said it tbh.
Saying that, it could well be technically superior. Whether it actually translates to how it feels through the wheel is another question.

Associate
I wanted to watch that stream but it's a NSFW in an open plan office lol...

BS or no BS you should know on Friday, or be in a position to make your own minds up. I've played it having bought into WMD2 but forgot about it until I got my oculus rift in April, and I think it's awesome, but I like pretty much every racing game sim going so what do I know...

Soldato
It's all good, B2B :)
We all have our likes/dislikes and tolerances when it comes to these things. It's just how it is.

Personally, I'm not fussed if it does or doesn't have class leading physics. I just want it to feel involving with a wheel.
I'm not trying to poo on this game, it's just that I'm a bit dubious after the last one with all it's promises... Like I say, I want to like it, I want it to be good.

Anyway, here's what he actually said:

Associate
Feedback from SimRacing Expo in Germany was pretty good. A lot of people turning up to have a go, having already decided it would be **** walked away impressed from what I've read...

This was all with Fanatec equipment which obviously is pretty high end...I have a T500 and I've been impressed. I'll check in on this thread on Friday.... :)

I'm hoping to be able to say "I told you so!" come Friday, but there is so much personal taste involved I'm not going to risk sticking my neck out lol...

Let's just say that I hope you all get some enjoyment from it, and may all your bugbears/irritations with it be minor ones and leave it at that.

Can't have enough racing games/sims in my opinion, just so that I can justify buying more kit for my rig/mancave to SWMBO lol...

Associate
Yeah, I caught more than a whiff of BS when he said it tbh.
Saying that, it could well be technically superior. Whether it actually translates to how it feels through the wheel is another question.

Exactly Petey, people who know about this stuff will tell you the physics under PC1 was incredibly complex, it just didn't translate well through the FFB so it was lost. Any modder who has looked at the files required to create a car physics file in AC and PCars should be able to tell you how complex they are...more complex calculations than what was used to get to the moon and back lol

Associate
I'm not very discerning either when it comes to the racing genre, I've dabbled with most of them including Grid Autosport! Nowdays I spend my time between R3E, AC, Automobilista and F1 2017....but not PC1 as I got fed up with the career mode, I found it pretty tedious going in the end. I really hope this aspect has received some attention in PC2 and they also drop that ridiculous twitter-like feed. At any rate I'm sure I'll still be happy as Rift support looks excellent.

Associate
They've done a deal with Autosport for the feed but it's just a ticker across the bottom of the screen, a lot less annoying tbh. The career feels a bit more realistic, you can choose from a selection of cars in each class you enter, then there are manufacturer drives to earn kudos and get offered factory drives...it might still get a bit tedious if you're stuck in one class unable to progress but you can have 4 simultaneous careers running to get a bit of variety, the AI is a lot less kamikaze and performance balance dry to wet is more balanced. Rift performance was slightly better in PC2 vs PC1, I've only got a 980Ti and it was very nice when I was running it. Suffering withdrawal symptoms now it's been nearly 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom