Project CARS 2

Soldato
I know there is a thread elsewhere but this is for the VR content.

Day one purchase for me as looks really good and VR is not an afterthought.

release: 22nd Sept.

£30.97 @cdkeys

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Im looking forward to this game too. Its the most played VR game in my collection, I just cant get on with Assetto Corsa but do find it has less glitchy textures unlike PC1. I just hope they don't ruin the physics, I cant find anything wrong with them unlike many people complaining on the net about it.

What I want from the upgrade is a simple update for VR, just to nudge the graphics a bit higher and nothing more.

Well made my purchase of this from Amazon along with Destiny 2 as had some discount codes :D

Assetto would be perfect if they made the menu system VR compatible it is a bit disjointed to have it separate :(

Heres the GFX settings guide for PCars to as this chap has the press copy.

He is running:
CPU - i7 6700k OC to 4.3GHZ
GPU - GTX 1070 OC CORE +100 MEM + 285

Soldato
OP
Agh I'm really tempted, but £45 is a lot when I have PCARS1 to play. Also have that issue with the rolling chair, not to mention my pedals slide on my hardwood floor so they have to be right up against the wall. That means I have to be right up against my desk to reach them as I'm a short-arse!
get some 'non slip gripper matt' available in B&M, Home Bargains or web, cut to size then double side foam tape to the base of pedals, win ;)

Soldato
OP
Have

So, I'm actually finding it more enjoyable in VR than I am in 3440*1440. :eek:

What's the recommendation for a wheel/pedals anyone?
I went for the Thrustmaster TX, massive improvement in the FFB department over my G27 and wanted Xbox compatibility. Still using the 27's pedals though.

Soldato
OP
No rig not got the space, just desk and office chair. Currently have a t300 with 599 alacantra rim, fanatec elite load cell pedals and the th8a shifter. Not sure wife would appreciate bass shakers she already says it's noisy already with the clunking of the shifter.:(
Is the Alacantra rim good, thinking of getting either that or the GTE to replace my 458 Italia one as it is a tad too small.

Soldato
OP
599 rim is nice. The only issue I had with it was that it was slightly too thin, which made it uncomfortable for my large hands after a little while.
If you don't have hands like shovels or maybe wear gloves, it's a good buy and you'll love it compared to the 458 :)
Load cell FTW too.

All the TM/Logitech stock rims are too small @27-28cm (aside from the formula) and have too little a gap between the rim and the shifters IMO.

FWIW, I ended up grabbing a 320mm car rim and designing/printing my own button enclosure/magnetic shifters.
Excuse crappy pics.
If you're interested, it's printed in carbon fibre/PETG filament and the adaptor is in carbon/nylon.
Yes, there's a couple of buttons missing because I'm a soldering noob and managed to break them :o

4yYCi1A.jpg
dEygCc9.jpg

28xEABY.jpg

this inspired me to make my own.

10 button box, well a bit of floorboard, magnetic paddle shifters and Arduino nano that uses the Thrustmasters quick release interface so can use on the Xbone too :D

Back
Top Bottom