Project CARS 2

Soldato
Yeah my wife complains about the shifter noise too lol, you seriously need a man cave. Not much work done in my office now, if I WFH I have to sit at the dining table lol

My biggest gripe is the lack of feedback when braking in all games does the load cell help?

Is the Alacantra rim good, thinking of getting either that or the GTE to replace my 458 Italia one as it is a tad too small.
The load cell brake is excellent it works on pressure rather than position, apparently muscles are better at remembering pressure so when you press the brake it's easier the know where the locking up point is.
The 599 rim is very nice it's 30cm wide so feels more realistic than the 28cm stock rims(gte rim is 28cm also), it's quite padded so it's nice to grip and the alacantra is just :eek:. It's the best rim thrust master do(apart from the new sparco one). The best thing is in vr the 599 rim looks just like any of cars rims your driving.:p

Soldato
599 rim is nice. The only issue I had with it was that it was slightly too thin, which made it uncomfortable for my large hands after a little while.
If you don't have hands like shovels or maybe wear gloves, it's a good buy and you'll love it compared to the 458 :)
Load cell FTW too.

All the TM/Logitech stock rims are too small @27-28cm (aside from the formula) and have too little a gap between the rim and the shifters IMO.

FWIW, I ended up grabbing a 320mm car rim and designing/printing my own button enclosure/magnetic shifters.
Excuse crappy pics.
If you're interested, it's printed in carbon fibre/PETG filament and the adaptor is in carbon/nylon.
Yes, there's a couple of buttons missing because I'm a soldering noob and managed to break them :o

4yYCi1A.jpg
dEygCc9.jpg

28xEABY.jpg

Soldato
My biggest gripe is the lack of feedback when braking in all games does the load cell help?
I switched from G25 pedals with a Nixim brake mod to the CSR Elite pedals with the load cell and even then the difference was night and day when it came to braking. Being able to adjust the amount of pressure required to reach 100% braking is great.

Soldato
Bit overpriced with a poor button layout IMO (he uses the same rim as me lol). Relatively cheap compared to something like Martin Ascher though.
If I wasn't able to make my own, I'd go for one of these (assuming I wasn't happy to pay £500+ for something really nice).

Soldato
Had my first go on this tonight, and I'm impressed. My first race was in the diablo on spa historic and I was grinning ear to ear.

I hit the limits of my motion sickness on california highway (too many hairpins!), but had a go on a thunderstorm and it was ace. Puddles are just treacherous! As they should be of course.

Really looking forwards to pushing my VR legs a bit more now that I know I can, and looking forwards also to dialing my settings in better. Currently I'm just using the default raw ffb settings. Also need to tweak my graphics settings a bit I think.

Associate
Had my first go on this tonight, and I'm impressed. My first race was in the diablo on spa historic and I was grinning ear to ear.

I hit the limits of my motion sickness on california highway (too many hairpins!), but had a go on a thunderstorm and it was ace. Puddles are just treacherous! As they should be of course.

Really looking forwards to pushing my VR legs a bit more now that I know I can, and looking forwards also to dialing my settings in better. Currently I'm just using the default raw ffb settings. Also need to tweak my graphics settings a bit I think.

RAW is the strongest of the flavours, if you map a couple of keys or buttons to FFB volume you can tweak it on the fly while driving in session. It really is very good isn't it? To get the hang of the driving I'd say start off in the slower stuff even though the Ferraris and Lambos are very tempting :) FRookie and Ginetta Jr are good fun. If you want a monster track Bathurst is just the dogs...but quite tricky.

Soldato
RAW is the strongest of the flavours, if you map a couple of keys or buttons to FFB volume you can tweak it on the fly while driving in session. It really is very good isn't it? To get the hang of the driving I'd say start off in the slower stuff even though the Ferraris and Lambos are very tempting :) FRookie and Ginetta Jr are good fun. If you want a monster track Bathurst is just the dogs...but quite tricky.

Yeah I'm trying to work out which functions I need on the wheel, and which ones can be left on my keyboard. The other configuration issue I'm working on is what degrees of rotation to have my wheel at. Some cars are good with a wider range (560ish), others (eg f1) are better with a tighter range (as low as 200). I can change it on the fly on my g27, but would like to find a sweet spot that roughly suits the majority.

Surprisingly the diablo is quite a manageable car to drive and very good fun.also fairly comfortable in VR. I found the race cars a bit stiffer and a rougher ride on my stomach. Still,

Associate
I just set my wheel at 900 degrees rotation in game and drive each car as it comes, they all feel a bit different then. I don't change the rotation...why do you do that? Some cars are supposed to have slower steering. You can change that in car setups if you want as well.

Soldato
I just set my wheel at 900 degrees rotation in game and drive each car as it comes, they all feel a bit different then. I don't change the rotation...why do you do that? Some cars are supposed to have slower steering. You can change that in car setups if you want as well.

Oh, I did that but I had slow steering on every car. If it adjusted to the car I'd be perfect, that's what I want

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom